little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Hi all,

Just a little heads up about the company called Sim-Rigs in the UK

Wasn't sure whether to do this or not as "mud slinging" is not my scene. But after what i have went through and times being what they are financially wise, i thought it best just to alert the good people on here about this company.

I ordered a rig in May and was told after an email inquiring about delivery times that it would be 7 - 10 days.

Well after countless lies from the company including 3 bogus tracking numbers and trying to shift the blame onto everything and everyone else for not getting my order, i cancelled and requested a refund. Which was met with an email saying your rig is getting shipped tomorrow which was about the 8th time i had heard that. So i emailed back asking for a tracking number to prove that it was ready to be shipped and got one. Only problem was, after a live chat to TNT, the tracking number turned out -again - to be completely made up.

I mean, what company or person would do that??

I am now in the process of legal action to get my money back as the company just keeps fobbing me off with -

you have been refunded do you not have it?

Its not our fault its Stripes (an online payment company like paypal)

I have bank transferred the money you should have it now.

I will look into it and get back to you etc etc.....

Its been an absolute nightmare which, at a time like this, i'm sure anyone can do without.

I am sure there will be happy customers out there that ordered from Sim Rigs but i would imagine there will be a few in the same boat as me and for that reason i have decided to put this post up so as people can make up their own minds whether its worth the risk placing an order.

Hope this does not come across as sour grapes. I wish this post had been up the day before i decided to whack £600 down the drain!!!

Choose wisely folks!!

Looking at the Companies House filing, it's a different director named. I think that's the other guy that worked with him as Sim Rigs Ltd. Same products though, has some products listed on eBay that are the same wheel and pedal decks as before.
we could spam their facebook site and ask them if they plan to scam people again

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Someone should make a video on it otherwise just all start again at 0 with everyone getting ripped on left right and centre

I agree - with the power of the internet these days, it should be fairly easy to shut this guy down. Make sure that whenever someone Googles this company or specific product names, it points to YouTube videos, forums threads, etc that point out the history of this guy. Make posts on his FB, any other social media he might have regarding his company, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Yes, that's Barry alright, best make sure everyone is warned, whatever the price, whatever the "good service" he offers, if he doesn't rip you off, he'll rip off the next person. I'll be letting eBay know who he is, and also alert the fraud squad that young Barry is back in business albeit hiding behind others for now.
Has he joined here yet?

Upvote 0
His name is not James, it is Barry. James Hayward does not exist. Barry David Hayward born 29th July 1975.
I wouldn't waste money on debt collectors, they've got no power, and he isn't going do anything about having debt collectors chasing him. The only way to get money out of him is to turn up on his doorstep.
You might get lucky and get a refund, if he gets money in from other people, other people who won't ever get their gear and will take our place in the complaints queue.
I believe that there is a criminal investigation now taking place looking at businesses that have been set up around Preston. So be quick in visiting him ,he'll be running again
He is still scamming today in the crypto community and can be found om Reddit under the subreddit r/BarryScams

Upvote 0
I've been out of sim racing for a while and haven't been on the forums at all.
Wasn't that a mistake.
I'm also in the same boat after seeing the Facebook page and positive feedback there i placed an order six weeks ago.
After the estimated 2-3 weeks for a black srv3 I sent a message, "sorry for the delay it will ship tomorrow"
Then another a week later and no reply just a Facebook status about how tough a time they're having and about abuse.
Thought I'd be patient as there was so much support from happy customers.
A few more messages asking for shipping details or a estimated date and similar response of, not in at the min or a picture of a motorway or my Mrs was in for an operation.
A couple more weeks later and I get contacted by a guy wanting to know how I got on with sim-rigs.com.
He directed me here to this horror story.
So yeah, no rig, no actual customer service or reassurance of when.
He is still scamming but now in the crypto community and we are placing some of these testomials on Reddit r/BarryScams.

Upvote 0
Ok, so it looks like this is the latest scam of a guy called Barry Hayward, also known as Jamie De Souza, James De Souza, James Hayward and James Ward. He sets up a legit looking business, gets involved on forums, takes orders for products, even sometimes delivers a few, but then the excuses start, always including problems with the bank, and promising refunds, which never arrive. And yes, he often uses the "Mrs having and operation" excuse, even goes down the cancer route to win himself time.
He's pulled this scam on many occasions in different trending business sectors, like providing carbon fibre kits for cars (google techcarbon car parts scam) he's also been involved in car dipping services, which never happened. Here's a thread which stretches over 9 years , read on
Barry has been in jail for some of his frauds, and when he gets out, he always sets up a similar scam again, so here he is Sim Rigs Ltd. And his MO is exactly the same!
Is this the crook?

Upvote 0
So here is James / Barry’s latest FB post. Please excuse me if I don’t show any pity for this s***bag. So he claims to be ceasing trading because his past has caught up with him. I personally believe it has everything to do with the 23k CCJ that has just been filed against his amazing company.

Well its now come to this

Over the past few weeks a few people have taken it upon themselves to drag my past up.

Since then I have had threats made against myself and people close to me. This is NOT acceptable. I will not be bullied or threatened.

When i started sim rigs i wanted it to be amazing and it was. Yes some items went out late but from the hundreds of orders we get a few wrong but always try and make up for it.

We have had many customers try and us this again myself and the company saying they will slate us on pages. And they did.

We even had one customer say all the parts were cut to the wrong size. Utter bullshit as the supplier is top notch.

And for the guy who said you ordered in Feb and still waiting ???? we didnt start till May so good luck with that

We have had customers have rigs then put chargebacks on and refuse to return items. THIS IS NOT ACCETPABLE. I will be arranging collection.

We have a couple of customers who didn't read descriptions and then give us grief.

We came here with great items and great products and I have met some amazing customers who i class as friends. Then those who like to spread bullshit and never let anyone move on in life. I know who you are and you know who you are don't forget that.

So from midnight tonight Sim Rigs Ltd Will cease trading.

Any outstanding orders or parts will still be honoured.

I would like to thank all those that actual stuck with us and didn't listen to the bullshit and gave us a chance. But there is only so much we can take.

Tonight's last rig was delivered direct to Sam in Hull :) happy racing pal

Thanks
James
Is this the crook?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years