Little grumble on pricing...

This looks like it will be a very good game but you can always tell when the corporate-management-types and bean counters have had too much say in development...

To buy anything you need vRP (points). Where I live it costs US$6.47 to buy 500 points. The track I want costs 549 points.

I can't just buy 549 points. To get the track I have to buy either 2 X 500 points for US$12.94 or I can buy 1100 points for US$12.95.

But this means I have to pay about $13 for a track that is priced at $7.11 (it works out at roughly 1.3c per point).

I realise I can then get a car or another track, but that's not the point. The point is I want to buy something that they have priced at $7.11 but they want to charge me $13 (and give me the equivalent of a store voucher for the remainder!).

Imagine going into your supermarket and buying a litre of milk and being told "Our price for milk is $2.50, but we are charging you $10.00 and giving you a $7.50 store voucher which you can use to buy anything else you want."

I'd walk out at that point.

I suspect most people would.

Look, I realise we get the base game for free and I realise they have every right to charge what they like and how they like for additional content. But the method chosen means that in the end everyone on their final purchase will always have to pay for points they can't use (unless they can cleverly spend every last point). That makes me feel like I'm being ripped off and that's the bit I don't like.

Thanks for reading my rant.

• Deleted member 140486

Well, based on last weeks steam news and the current steam store page it is already out of beta. Also ingame I can't find any more beta badges. However there was no official statement from SimBin yet. (http://store.steampowered.com/news/9928/) Also the raceroom website stills shows "beta".

They definitely need a better information policy. When can we expect multiplayer? Campaign? Weather effects? Damage model? Tire degradation? Pit Stops? Marshals? How long will this game be supported and get along with GTR3?

With all these questions open it's hard for me to spend any money yet.

Okay, so R3E is finished as it is right now unless the users encounter hardcore bugs, they will be fixed (or later on) with patches or updates. But how about users addressing in game preferences like physics or FFB (game being to "arcade", bad FFB) i guess it is too late for that stage since they entered a pre release stage, only waiting for a stamp?

all of what im say is opinion as i havent any information in reality , but its far from finished , things are being worked on tweaked and although you may not get any direct answers from Simbin , every issue or opinion(within reason) and other stuff is picked up and passed on to the devs ... FFB tweaks etc .... thats about all i can say but dont think that your your opinion /suggestions are ignored because on my part and many others peoples parts they arent

Andi

Gaming changed long ago. Most released games are finished for about 80%. After "x" time you can buy DLC's to make the game complete. Even better are the kickstarter projects were people invest in an idea to make a certain game. From that perspective i do not have any hard feelibgs tiwards rhe current pricing. I even like it because now i am able to choose what to buy and what not.

Now i dont think these prices are too outrageous .. But it is kinda hard to justify them when you look at the SimBin Mega bundle on Steam for instance.. Only $35 for an imense collection of cars and tracks. Talk about value for money .. even if the titles are a bit dated.

Dont get me wrong, ill deff end up spending some money on this title, but i have to agree that gaming has indeed changed. And not in a positive way for us customers! This whole DLC and microtransaction trend is simply designed to milk us for as much as they can. Not cause its better for us "so we can choose what to buy and what not". We simply pay more for less content.

Sigh!

• Deleted member 140486

Problem is, we still don't know what is ahead of us and where the journey will go. How much will the multiplayer be? How is it supposed to work with everyone owning different tracks?

2013 will be the year of racing games/sims on the pc and there will definitely be a battle for (online) players.

I think the pricing is fair. For the thousands of hours I plan on racking up in this game, like I have in SimBin's previous titles, the few dollars for cars and tracks I'm interested in doesn't really bother me. I don't fully agree with charging people for game features but even those are inexpensive. If you look at it as a whole package it is a little expensive but I'm enjoying the hell out of the game and it is a big step up from their previous titles and feel it's worth it. Could some areas be improved.. of course but you can say that for almost any game. Judging by version numbers it's still very early and we already have a great collection of cars to choose from, all with amazing sounds, that alone is worth it. Let's hope they expand on that and fill up the car classes some more, an area where a lot of other racing games are lacking. Track selection in past games has always been great and I'm sure it won't be any different in this game. I'm excited for whatever they have planned for us.

I am a huge fan of the SIMBIN games and have always supported them. I always knew this RRRE was going to be a very decent sim but I was worried about the free to play model.

I agree with many others here.....The sim is really good. Nothing mind blowing (sounds maybe) but a really well polished sim with great graphics which runs extremely well and has tidy physics. It is the next (small) step up from RACE 07 I was expecting.

Would've been nice to see something a little more "next gen" but this is exactly the racing sim many people are looking for.

Problem is I cannot pay £5 for each track and £3 for each car. It's not on the same ridiculous scale as iRacing but it could get costly very quickly indeed.

I want to support SIMBIN because I really like their games but I will not be buying anything in RRRE with this business model. It's just a real shame they went this route as I would've gladly paid full price at £30-40 for this game (if the multiplayer is sorted and decent and good amount of content) and bought future DLC's from £5-10 quite happily. Please take my money.

I have to admit I hate the f2p model. I wish you could just pay 60 in game and unlock all previous and future content as its released. But at least it's not as bad as Real Racing 3 on iOS. RR3 is complete robbery. If I'm forced to use f2p then I'd much prefer this model. A little more expensive that I'd like but still manageable with my average income. And much more manageable with my average income and me being a single man with no bastard children either haha.

I'm loving the game so far. The driving is fantastic IMO. Can't wait for more tracks and car especially the Zonda. Also hope they add some American circuits (Laguna, Road America, Indy RC to name a few). So while the pricing model isn't the best, it could sooooo be much much worse. Keep the good content coming and keep taking my money lol.

Yes unlock those Zonda's please and that Ford GT aswell.
I have the day off comming sunday so DO IT NAOW!! ;)

Allso idd love to see Laguna Seca come to RRRE. Good track, allways loved that Corkscrew!
ferrari-458-italia-crash-on-corkscrew-laguna-seca-double-rollover-video-45266-7.jpg

Just imagine ..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back