List of laserscanned Tracks

Hello Simracers,
since last summer i started being a simracer. In that time i had the opportunity to become acquainted with the verious racing sims and i must say since "Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge" on the Commodore Amiga things have changed a little...

Today i want to ask one thing about the fantastic Simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience. Till today i have got different informations about laserscanned Tracks, so i ask.

1. Are they any laserscanned Tracks in RaceRoom Racing Experience?
2. If yes, can you name the Tracks?

Kind Regards from Germany
Curt

laser scanning is the operation of taking the points of referance of the track surface, track and surrounding area, all of this is the point information
how a game developer uses this info can differ greatly (as far as i understand)
so for me : all scanned tracks contain laser scan info , but that may differ from game to game in its level of detail
Is "Die Nordschleife" a laserscanned track?

in race room yes , as far as i understand

Andi

But that's exactly it, shortening it by leaving out syllables would make sense. Shortening it to "Nords" IMO doesn't ("Nord" would). Like I tried to point out with that Silverstone example.

Not that it's a big deal or anything, I just find it odd.

But that's exactly it, shortening it by leaving out syllables would make sense. Shortening it to "Nords" IMO doesn't ("Nord" would). Like I tried to point out with that Silverstone example.

Not that it's a big deal or anything, I just find it odd.
To non-Germans, it's more akin to shortening Peter to Pete, or Robert to Rob. If it means something to Germans, great, but to everyone else it's just a name, just like the examples above probably meant something to someone but nothing to others.

Anyway, this discussion is way off-topic.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%