List of cars with CPM

Galin Dimov

SimDrive
Hi Guys, been wondering which cars currently have the CPM (Contact patch model)... is there a complete list published by ISI? I tried searching around but with no success.

The ones I know of are:
Karts
Indy cars (Dallara)
Palatov
Stock cars
Nissan GTR?

Are there any more out there?

Cheers
Galin

All cars ISI released since May 2015, starting with the AC Cobra, have the new CPM:
2015 Changelogs (so far):
03/24/16 - Howston Dissenter
02/08/16 - Renault Megane Trophy 2013
12/24/15 – Boxmaster (first release)
12/23/15 – Formula ISI 1.6
12/16/15 – Mercedes SLS Safety Car 1.47
11/08/15 – Chevrolet Camaro 1.6
11/08/15 – Renault Clio 197 1.63
10/12/15 – Palatov D4 1.38
09/25/15 – 2015 Stock Cars 1.0 (first release)
09/11/15 – Nissan GT-R GT1 1.6
09/02/15 – Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 1.62
08/31/15 – Kodi ZR conversion from rF1 1.0 (will probably be only version)
05/27/15 – Dallara DW12 Indy car 1.63 link
05/02/15 – AC Cars AC427 1.03 (first release) link

Last edited:
I never understood why you would add such a change to only some cars.
Testing with one car/class - ya, sure, i understand that, but once you are sure
that what you did is good, it's a must to apply that change to your whole content.

Keeping some cars on old tires/CPM and some on new, now that's a huge
mess you produce there. Of course mods are mods, but stock content should
always be on the same physics.

ISI is damned if they do and damned if they don't... in other words, they could release all the old content with updates at once, but then you wouldn't get any new content. They've chosen to alternate new content with updated old content and made that perfectly clear from the beginning of the updates.

Feb 8, 2016 - Renault Megane Trophy II now updated to CPM tires

ISI cars still awaiting new CPM & other updates that you can speculate about:
last updated - vehicle
Mar 17, 2013 - Marussia-Cosworth MR01
Apr 22, 2013 - Eve & Spark
May 23, 2013 - Formula Renault 3.5 2010 (was replaced with 2014 Formula Renault)
Jul 4, 2013 - Formula Two (Williams JPH1B and it badly needs graphical updates)
Sep 25, 2013 - Howstons
Dec 31, 2013 - Honda Civic NGTC
Mar 20, 2014 - street car Panoz Roadster
Oct 10, 2014 - street car NSX
Nov 21, 2014 - street car Corvette
Jan 29, 2015 - Skip Barber Formula 2000
Feb 27, 2015 - BT20

Known to be on the ISI drawing boards in some stage of development
Brabham BT44
Eagle Mk1
Maverick
Nissan GT-R GT500 plus "pretty likely to have a competitor"
Corvette Daytona Prototype
2015 ISI Formula Masters
2003 Bentley Speed 8
Toleman TG184
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
Mercedes-Benz W196
Reynard 95i
March 86C
Cooper T54
Eagle Mk4
Panoz Esperante GTR-1
Panoz Esperante GTLM GT2
"at least one F1 from every decade"
(*) There may be a couple others that I can't find reference for, hoping someone will fill those in

[updating drawing board list as we go]

Last edited:
I never understood why you would add such a change to only some cars.
Testing with one car/class - ya, sure, i understand that, but once you are sure
that what you did is good, it's a must to apply that change to your whole content.

Keeping some cars on old tires/CPM and some on new, now that's a huge
mess you produce there. Of course mods are mods, but stock content should
always be on the same physics.
How do we know how much time it takes to update content to the new CPM, my guess is they would do everything if it truly was a simple process.
I actually think they are doing a better job of updating old content than R3E for one. I have "purchased" most all of R3E content and the older stuff is not nearly as good as the latest - I'm not holding my breath that Sector3 will update my "purchased" content. At least with ISI content it's not something I had to pay extra.

Known to be on the drawing boards awaiting release
Eagle
Maverick
historic Indy roadsters
Nissan GT-R GT500 plus "pretty likely to have a competitor"
(*) and a couple others that I can't remember, hoping someone will fill those in

The latest version of Apex GT3s are on the CPM as well

For ISI WIP, the Corvette Daytona Prototype had previews. If I was to venture a guess, hoping to see a release around the Daytona 24. The GT500 Nissan was in track previews so I would assume that car would be coming soon.

ISI is damned if they do and damned if they don't... in other words, they could release all the old content with updates at once, but then you wouldn't get any new content. They've chosen to alternate new content with updated old content and made that perfectly clear from the beginning of the updates.

Seems like they would design the software in such a way that they can apply these new changes to all cars globally. At least that's the way I would do it, designing in it such a way that you have to apply the same update to each car individually is......not efficient (also looking at you Kunos and S3S). But then I'm not a game designer so what do I know.

Not to sound too sarcastic but don't you think if that was an option they would have done it, it's kind of obvious.;)

Clearly, hence my statement. Why would they have designed the software in a way that you have update each car individually instead of being able to do it once globally? Obviously it's too late to do anything about it now, but it's not like they couldn't have forseen these changes coming when they decided to create rF2.

I'm not trying to rag on them, it's just something that makes me scratch my head a lot. At this point we all know what we want from a racing sim and what to expect during its life-cycle, I'd think these devs would take all of that into account when starting development. Probably not the best example, but Gran Turismo could apply physics changes to over 1,000 cars in a single update, surely these guys could have developed their engine in a way that could have applied this kind of change to a few dozen cars at once. Or maybe not, I don't know. I do know that all three of the sims I currently play (AC, R3E, rF2) have fragmented content with various states of physics/tire models and as a consumer I find that rather frustrating and confusing.

Like I said, I'm not a game designer so I don't know what all's involved. But I am a graphic designer and whenever I work on big projects I always take certain steps at the outset that will minimize the effort/time needed to make changes down the road. And I'm not bitching about it, just something I often wonder about as it has a negative impact on the user experience of their product.

I think it addresses it in the stock car article referenced above. The CPM came about because they were unhappy with how the tire model interacted with the real road at the extreme. It is quite the improvement Imo. Sometimes innovations are about adaptation not rebuilding with every solution. I am pretty excited about the F1 update lookin' forward to spending some time with that car to see how the wear and temps are effected by wet and dry surfaces. @David O'Reilly , @Gijs van Elderen waitin for an opinion :)

Why would they have designed the software in a way that you have update each car individually instead of being able to do it once globally?

Sorry, but tire models are individual, specific to each car. For instance, sidewall height & thickness varies between tires and that causes different sidewall flex. Thus you have to create a different model for each car that uses a different tire. You can't just say "the contact patch is new", so just replace the contact patch of the tire.

Question, so it's literally an upgrade to the individual tire model, are they getting close to having a "tire store" for modders?

Sorry, but tire models are individual, specific to each car. For instance, sidewall height & thickness varies between tires and that causes different sidewall flex. Thus you have to create a different model for each car that uses a different tire. You can't just say "the contact patch is new", so just replace the contact patch of the tire.

That makes more sense then. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think it addresses it in the stock car article referenced above. The CPM came about because they were unhappy with how the tire model interacted with the real road at the extreme. It is quite the improvement Imo. Sometimes innovations are about adaptation not rebuilding with every solution. I am pretty excited about the F1 update lookin' forward to spending some time with that car to see how the wear and temps are effected by wet and dry surfaces. @David O'Reilly , @Gijs van Elderen waitin for an opinion :)
I had a quick go just now at Sao Paulo.
Its a car I probably will need 100 laps to dial myself into and I only did about 10 dry laps on the Medium tyre but my early impressions are good.
When I locked a front tyre it felt like I locked a front tyre, same with rear. FFB felt great.
Its a very demanding car and edgy to drive but sort of felt like it gave better feedback than the previous version. Maybe that will make it easier to learn it.

I've always wondered when people mentioned this,

"the tire model interacted with the real road at the extreme"

extreme of what exactly??

The extreme of the tyres capability, edge of losing grip, or just over the line, when heat, friction and deformation is at its extreme point before giving,this is just one of many of the areas where ISI tyre model surpasses everything out there.

Iracing (vastly improved lately) has always had a issue with its tyre model at its extreme IMO and never felt right if pushed real hard on tyres.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 117 13.5%