Linksys WRT160Nv3 problem

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's,

i have a Linksys WRT160Nv3 router/firewall and i'm having a problem. in the house we have 3 PC and 1 laptop, the 3 PC's are connected via cable and the laptop is using a wireless connection. they are all running under Win XP home edition. the problem that i'm having is that i can't connect them all at the same time without losing the wireless connection, if i only use 2 wire connection and the wireless connection everything works just fine but the moment i connect the third wire connection the wireless connection disconnect. i'm using the default setup for the Router and my connection is a cable modem, any idea what can be the problem and solution ?

The operation of the router depends on the firmware of the router. If the firmware of the router is outdated then it will not be able to handle the traffic created by number of computers and hence will keep on disconnecting from the network. Connect the router to the computer using the console cable and then update the firmware of the router. Once the firmware of the router is updated, you will not face the same problem again. Pray ;-)

i guess you did it ? Firmware upgrade / update

Dhcp is running ? if yes assign every nic manually with ip addresses

i think its impossible that your wire connection get the ip over dhcp from your router what used from wireless connections before

32 ppl on same time over wire connection is possible but nothing about wire & wireless at same time
http://fixhomenetwork.com/blog/linksys-wrt160n-router-setup-and-troubleshooting-steps/

whats abut log files on your router ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back