zrqtWTw.jpg
XVg247H.jpg
ExtNNhw.jpg

x7pw5dK.jpg

CRwtPzO.jpg

pbAf5Cz.jpg

kBXqogG.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for this track, good to get a legendary track :).

But I've got some issues:
- the long track is allegedly 12.5 kms long but the car odometer gives me about 8 kms (and it is not miles for sure),
- the surface and probably the skydome texture looks to be far too much bright, with mid clear and even heavy clouds, it is even not very dark which makes small chicane barely visible (single monitor display),
- the area of old tarmac just before the chicane with the two fire trucks looks like too bumpy to me, it's like bumps are cms high

I use blackpearl filter.

here what I've got:
Screenshot_ferrari_458_s3_linas_montlhery_17-6-117-15-12-51.jpg Screenshot_ks_ford_gt40_linas_montlhery_17-6-117-15-15-24.jpg

Holy crazy shader values batman! Not a bad start in continuing this project but you really have to go over all the shader settings.

First off when setting shaders it is best to use a pp filter with fixed exposure. Do not use the default one as it will auto dim for you. I use the natural filter in both the editor and in sim as it has a fixed exposure.

Many of your shaders are too high. A better starting point is around .3 or .4 for both ambient and diffuse. As of right now it looks like a nuclear bomb just went off it is so bright.

Also the mesh for the banking is a tad too low poly. I know it is supposed to be concrete slabs and be rough but with the low poly nature of the mesh it is too unnatural right now.

Thanks for your reply LilSki, appreciated.

In fact, I was just curious and decide to tried a filter for once, instead of the big goodandbadweathers stuff, looks good on many tracks, stock or 3rd party, but with this one, I just figured out there were something odd here or there. Montlhery is just too odd.

I'll try again later this week with more "natural" settings :).

Calimero 0euf updated Linas Montlhery with a new update entry:

Linas Montlhery v1.01

Linas Montlhery update v1.01

- 15 pits added for a total of 30 cars in race
- Light shaders decreased
- Tree shaders modified
- There was a hole on the map where cars could fall, it is now fixed.
- Some other fix I don't remember

Good racing !

Sorry I forgot to modify ui files for 30 pits, edit them by yourself :
\linas_montlhery\ui\linas_montlhery_anneau\ui_track.json
\linas_montlhery\ui\linas_montlhery_court\ui_track.json
\linas_montlhery\ui\linas_montlhery_long\ui_track.json
Modify "pitboxes": "15"
with "pitboxes": "30"

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
It is an amazing track! I really enjoyed trying it out with the Porsche 917K.

Could you please look into these few points once you have time:

- please remove the modern fire fighter trucks at the chicane leading into the banking - it is not realistic to put heavy trucks in the way of a speeding race car, should it loose control and crash straight into the trucks and also these look just too modern when one is enjoying the track with vintage racing cars ;-)

- please add "track cutting zones" and add a few more cones to make sure cutting the chicanes does not record valid lap times (on my first laps with the Porsche 917K I simply didn't realize there was a second chicane just before the pitlane and just blasted through, recording way too short lap times)

- please add two more layouts:
1) without any chicanes
2) only one chicane (remove one chicane before one of the two bankings and maybe alter the other chicane to be more complex and challenging - this way we can enjoy both high speed and a challenging braking zone and chicane)

- please remove the "slow speed surface values" from the support roads around the track so these can be normally used - I really enjoy exploring the entire racetrack and usually always find my way around the support roads and tunnels (there is also a hole in the ground in the tunnel to cross the track coming from the pitlane area)

As it is already it is a truly lovely track I really enjoy - I wish we had more such tracks to run older cars on.

The AI has some problems with the track. At racestart some cars stop, others touch the left wall, others touch the right barriers and run into the tirestack. Some cars touch the left wall on the finishing straight during the race.

Tried with Alfa Romeo 4C, Alfa Romeo 155 V6 and KTM X-Bow. AI strenght 89% +/-5, agression 70%

Regarding the AI - I am not sure if it was mentioned but the AI had some big issues running the full oval layout with two chicanes.
At the chicane with the two firetrucks the AI would regularly spin out and result in a little pile up within the chicane.

I absolutely love this track. Just one request...
Would you please be willing to make a version without the chicanes?
Especially the long layout. Now if you would do that I would be eternally grateful.
Thank you. :thumbsup: And keep up the good work.

• Deleted member 223075

Spotted Ken Block doing Gymkhana
651171Screenshotfordfiestarx43linasmontlhery1110117153839.jpg

Or correct the name of that layout.

There's also a difference between the historic layouts present in the map above and the modern layout that is currently used, as the modern one no longer has the Grand Circuit available.

Can you make a version of the long without the chicanes in the banked oval. I've seen a video on youtube of someone bypassing the chicanes and somehow the ai is also bypassing the chicanes. The cones are still there trying to direct traffic into the chicanes but he goes around in the top lane. I think he just changed the ai route but I don't know how to edit that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%