LiL Lake Cg

Indeed, thanks for the effort - new tracks are very welcome, since they are generally much harder to update for current Racer features than vehicles. So, a solid base mesh with nice, modern amount of 3D detail and clean, Cg oriented mapping/texturing will be a good foundation for the future.

Lil Lake seems like a nice club circuit, the layout is flowing well and the track width is generous enough for overtaking and relatively large fields. Road crowning adds some spice and makes choosing the line more important, so that's a great addition on an otherwise literally flat track. The actual track texture seems a bit odd for a circuit though, with the divider markings suggesting it's a public road.
The track surroundings feel huge and a bit distant, but I guess if you keep adding connecting roads and some buildings, marshall posts and so on, the immersion will increase.

Personally, I lowered the extinctionfactor and adjusted rayleigh/mie a bit to take away from the blue tinting of the palm border since it seemed too much for the short distance these objects are away from the player. The reflective road surface looks good in the rain, perhaps a bit much for dry conditions though.

With that said, I'm looking forward to updates and especially the name giving lake :)

Finally got it working with 0815 and my ATI.. had to test the shaders one-by-one to find the fault.. anyway.. it looks good, I like the way QCM uses the shaders and the way they look in/on the track. The water shader does not seem to work for me. It does not crash Racer, it just leaves a flat blue surface where the "lil lake" is.. I can live with that.

Also I agree 100% with Cosmo.. the road markings are odd in such a place, the surroundings look huge, and I also changed the sky texture as the default did not agree with the theme.

The textures are good, I like the patina on the ads, and the terrain looks very natural. All in all a good track.

Suggestions: Since the track is so monotone it would benefit from some moving objects like flags, maybe even a building of some sort in the background so you "know where you are" (we actually do navigate and orient ourselves based on the surroundings). Not adding too much though as it then might seem too crowded..

Screenshot attached (since it is not a show off your screenie thread).

Attachments

• screenshot001.jpg
    screenshot001.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 366
The actual track texture seems a bit odd for a circuit though, with the divider markings suggesting it's a public road.
The track surroundings feel huge and a bit distant, but I guess if you keep adding connecting roads and some buildings, marshall posts and so on, the immersion will increase.

It's true, road texture will change & I'll also add some skids marks + graffities + a startgrid on the road, a bit like Shift.

Personally, I lowered the extinction factor and adjusted rayleigh/mie a bit to take away from the blue tinting of the palm border since it seemed too much for the short distance these objects are away from the player. The reflective road surface looks good in the rain, perhaps a bit much for dry conditions though.

I'll use new shaders & tweak materials + textures (normal maps) + special.ini to get the best from Racer capabilities.

Finally got it working with 0815 and my ATI.. had to test the shaders one-by-one to find the fault.. anyway.. it looks good, I like the way QCM uses the shaders and the way they look in/on the track. The water shader does not seem to work for me. It does not crash Racer, it just leaves a flat blue surface where the "lil lake" is.. I can live with that.

I'll update my track for newer versions since we now have better G25/G27 feedback, I'll also make the water move with skeletons & give a better appearence.

Suggestions: Since the track is so monotone it would benefit from some moving objects like flags, maybe even a building of some sort in the background so you "know where you are" (we actually do navigate and orient ourselves based on the surroundings). Not adding too much though as it then might seem too crowded..

I definetely agree, flags, crowds (static + dynamic on trigger events), moving objects/events like helicopters or simulated moving trees will be added, like Shift does. I originally applied the road texture to give that sensation of moving when driving the track, but that's gonna change.

========================
I'll also add nice TOD profiles...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%