Lights mod for Lotus Evora GTE Carbon

Misc Lights mod for Lotus Evora GTE Carbon 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrik Marek submitted a new resource:

Lights mod for Lotus Evora GTE Carbon - additional light functionality for more realism

Hello guys

I was blown away what is now possible in AC thanks to people like X4Fab.

I started playing with some custom lights , and I felt like I should share my results with everyone to see how you like it

Before you try to run it, make sure you download Multimap emission shader from Stereo , as well as the custom shader patch by X4FAB

What this mod changes
Better looking (hopefully) rear and brake lights
Working turn signals
Working reverse light

Multimap emission shader...

Read more about this resource...

Hopefully you will give this treatment to a bunch of other Kunos cars, but I can understand if this is just a one off as you learned the procedure in order to apply to your mods.

A bit off topic, but if there is a video tutorial on how to do this (preferably using Blender since it is free) I would love to try to learn how.

I was thinking to maybe put together a request list and do it for 5 or so cars, it doens't take that long now that I understand the process , but I don't want to be doing this for some 100+ cars for sure!

I think there was tutorial for 3DSImed

but yeah, basically you make a copy of the lights, separete them out to signals/lights/reverse lights , and then you just adjust the right parameters through the .ini file

what I did on top of that was make a emission texture, that helps with making it look little nicer

sadly, haven't figure out how to make a separate high beam / low beam, but I have seen a video of that working, so it should be possible

other then that I think I'm done here :) unless someone wants to add odometer later on or something

Hi Patrik, thx for your nice addition which force me to run the Evora- fits!
Also in between my project to add some Endurance-lights an GT3s with 3dsim Max. Hope to fix that issue with the lod_A_B_C -error-spamming this evening. Well other problem is to bind this (part)-kn5 in the assign extension/config/car folder with the „...replacement..“ order in the bearing ini file.
What means
hide= ..... ? Must I hide something, also I only add a object?
And what means the last order in your ini something like mesh-priorität?

Cheers Xela1

the way it works ( model replacement ) is that you hide mesh from the original and show it again in your new / modified KN5 file , which gives you functionality you need

like you separated lights into breake lights, turn signals left/right, reverse ..etc.
and the last like is just where it gets displayed in order or render, COCKPIT_HR should be fine most of the time

You reminded me that I didn't add the support for LODs into mine .. sigh

I just noticed that with new update on CM, or shader patch, it gets overwritten, which isn't ideal

I wonder, if I keep it in the extensions in the car folder, does it take precedence over the extensions in the root folder

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 13.9%