Resource icon

Misc Lights for Bristol Motor Speedway 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
GutBomb submitted a new resource:

Lights for Bristol Motor Speedway - Now you can race at night!

I made a lights config for Bristol Motor Speedway that can be downloaded here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bristol-motor-speedway.18115/

This makes the track lights functional, as well as lighting up the scoring tower.

I also fixed a few materials that didn't have the proper transparency set.

Custom Shaders Patch required.

This mod uses the "PerPixelMultiMap_emissive" shader (from...

Read more about this resource...

Yeah, I have to agree with @chris drake; with CSP alone it's waaaaaaaaay too washed-out at night. The baseline for the config shouldn't require use of BLM adjustments to make it usable out-of-the-box for non-VR users. ;)

I love what you've done with the scoring pylon; that's some excellent detail work, and adds a lot to the realism of the track.

Have you considered contributing it directly to the CSP config repository? I had this track on my roadmap of "lighting configs to contribute if I got bored" but what you have here is already well on its way. The illumination of the corner lights could be achieved without an additional .kn5 file; some emissive illumination from the pit computers and building windows would spice it up as well. This would be a cool addition to the official CSP repo if you'd be interested in allowing me to piggyback on all this good work collaborating to get it there. ;)

I used an additional kn5 to replace the existing corner light model because the bulb texture was mapped to the whole model including the pole, not just to the light part unlike the pit lights. I just made a new model with the textures mapped correctly.

also the baseline should be fine. All of my CSP settings are defaults and it’s not super bright, it looks just like the screenshots. I just suggested the BLM lights app to fix it because it appears that their setup might be a little messed up if it’s super bright like that. I only have my machine to troubleshoot on so I bet there’s some settings that are different between our setups but I don’t know where to start checking that.

I have considered contributing it to the GitHub repo but just haven’t gotten around to it. If you want to, and then to build on top of it, feel free.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back