"Lighting FX" drops my frame rate inScotland

Hello everyone, i’m new on AC and i’m started to use AC Content Manager since few weeks.The game looks much better with additional cars and tracks and with all the new effects added with CM but i’m currently experiencing some little trouble using it probably caused by a bad settings configuration. I do an example: While i’m driving in night time conditions on the highlands track in Scotland ,when i pass through the “city sector” of the track (along the pit lane ,just to be clear) i have a pretty massive framerate drop.I immediately thought it was depending from some particular light effect or related parameter but i don’t know whick one i have to adjust or rather turn off. I tried directly to disable all the compartment “Lighting FX” on the settings screen of CM and ,as i thought , the frame rate drop has disappeared but as a collateral result i don’t have the lights beam in front of the car anymore and probably a bunch of other effects that now i still don’t noticed yet. Does anyone of the most experts than me here on the forum have had the same issue? Could you help me to set CM in the best way possible or at least give me some tips on where i can operate? Thanks in advance.Cheers!

Yeah LightingFX tends to chomp up frames in general, even on well-optimized tracks sometimes. I’ve had some success preventing this by creating/cloning a new weather option in Content-Misc-Weather and disabling shadows. I use this to save a few frames in RainFX as well, though the hit there tends to be harder to mitigate.

It’s not a 100% guaranteed solution, but on well-optimized tracks I’ve noticed only minor frame rate differences. Since Highlands is a Kunos course I feel like that would likely help with your issue. :)

Last edited:
First of all,thanks for your replies. I did'n measure the fps yet.. (I've formatted the pc since few months and i've used it very less) so I still have to reinstall FRAPS,but i will launch it next time with AC. In the meantime i have tried to do some experiments playing with the graphic settings,and disabling FXAA,anisotropic filter and MSAA the situation it seems to be better now (all the parameters was "MAXIMUM").I have a brand new GPU too and i still have to set it right for my pc configuration..maybe many of these drops depends even from that. Anyway i'll do some tests in the next days and i will report the result here,if i'll find something of interesting for the community obviously. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%