License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

The site works now correctly and doesn't give errors anymore
bobstrackbuilder.net
License Submitted Thank you for submitting the HardwareId file.

Within 48 hours a license file will be generated and emailed to you. Save the file into your BTB folder. BTB will now be licensed specifically to you and that particular PC.

When you purchase the BTB pro version 0.8.0.3 you have a stable version with no problems with the licence system.
I use the BTB pro version on a Win XP pro SP3 32 bits and had till this moment no problems with the licence.

Last edited:
When you purchase the BTB pro version 0.8.0.3 you have a stable version with no problems with the licence system.
I use the BTB pro version on a Win XP pro SP3 32 bits and had till this moment no problems with the licence.
Looks like I'll have to risk it then as soon as I have the money on my PayPal account. Still disappointed that I never got a single reply from Brendon, since years now actually.

Hello everyone,
Excuse my bad English, I use the translator ...
I have not used my BTB Pro since July and now it is impossible, while my license is until 13 April 2014.
I sent an email to bob@bobstrackbuilder.net but I have no answer for Brandon ... How to contact?
Thank you very much.

Accuracy: I have changed nothing in my PC ...

Attachments

• BTB-licence.jpg
    BTB-licence.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 280
Brendon and time: don't expect anything fast. He has very little incentive to do anything BTB related anymore. He does these things in bulk. I totally understand why.

So you will get your licenses eventually. The license fees these days barely pay up the domain+hosting on the website and he devoted thousands of hours to the project +3 years ago. About 80% of all BTB installs are pirated. Why it isn't released as open source and relying on donations (which would TOTALLY work since BTB community would pay up voluntarily, they are unbelievably generous bunch of people...) is a conversation that is not going to happen. But he is a man of his words, you will get what you paid,eventually. I would've said "forget it" long time ago if i was him... But he still keeps it up so only thing you can do is wait.

More reason to respect those who have paid...

Just imagine: you've done thousands of hours of work. You've created something special, unique experience that's par to nothing i've experienced so far (BTB was my first fumbling attempt at 3D design.) You decide on a license structure that is guaranteed of bringing a decent compensation to your efforts. About 2 months from that, the first cracked versions of your software are shared.

How motivated are you after that? It's a small miracle that Brendon still keeps this thing alive.. And i'm one the leading proponents of this licensing system, have been from the start. All i can say that i would've just forgot everything, said a big F U to everyone involved. While it's REALLY great that you've paid for license, i know for a fact that 80% of BTB users are pirating it. Just for once, put yourself in dev shoes and walk a mile. He is just one person, not a business. Just some guy doing this in his free time and his heart was stolen.

If you want to contribute, start voicing opinions that actually solve this problem: we are using ancient software that is GREAT but there is zero incentive to develope it any further. The developer is disillusioned, disenfranchised to even think that he is getting what he deserve. My solution has been open source and donations: relying on peoples good will. But if your pet is stolen, how willing are you to trust on good will?

The amount of content that different gMotor2 titles have gotten from BTB in fair world would mean Brendon would be working for ISI, SImBin, AC as a leading developer. In fair world. This did not happen. Brendon is our hero and why he is not employed in top tier simracing firm is simply injustice. he made them thousands. They gave him squat.

In fair world he does not owe anyone anything. All of this licensing debacle should be aimed at totally different entities. Voice your concerns to ISI, SimBin etc. Make them recognize what Brendon did for them.

I guess I got lucky. My license expired the day before yesterday, I had my new license in less than 24 hours. Thank you Brendon! :thumbsup:

It would be cool to take donations from places like rFactor Central and then somehow find a way to give those donations to Brendon.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years