LFS Mods Support - Coming Soon!

only like a decade too late. All that's left of the community are a couple hundreds dudes playing cops'n'robbers and a few dozen flooding the new mod system with ripped drift cars. There's no place for racing left in LFS.
Myself, I'd gladly welcome any title with more "modern features" (mutlithreading, high refresh physics, DX11) coming into the sim racing space. Be that a new player like Rennsport or an small, existing one like LFS. Maybe it works well, maybe it catches on... and maybe it doesn't. But I don't think it's ever "too late" to improve a product. And frankly, looking at the proliferation of games with similar features, tracks, and cars, I think there's plenty of "room" for other new (or newly updated) sims. I, for one, welcome the improvements being brought by the LFS team.

Last edited:
Myself, I'd gladly welcome any title with more "modern features" (mutlithreading, high refresh physics, DX11) coming into the sim racing space. Be that a new player like Rennsport or an small, existing one like LFS. Maybe it works well, maybe it catches on... and maybe it doesn't. But I don't think it's ever "too late" to improve a product. And frankly, looking at the proliferation of games with similar features, tracks, and cars, I think there's plenty of "room" for other new (or newly updated) sims. I, for one, welcome the improvements being brought by the LFS team.
I'm probably just salty :unsure:, saw a great game (and community!) with huge potential fall apart around 2012-2014, simply because nothing noticeable was happening. People got tired of racing the same couple cars around the same couple tracks, no matter how visionary the online system was and still is, and went elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm probably just salty :unsure:, saw a great game (and community!) with huge potential fall apart around 2012-2014, simply because nothing noticeable was happening. People got tired of racing the same couple cars around the same couple tracks, no matter how visionary the online system was and still is, and went elsewhere.
Yes, your point about past stagnation is definitely true. E.g. the whole Scirocco saga and everything :roflmao: I'd have been very frustrated too! People definitely did (and have continued to) move elsewhere. Maybe these latest updates and the addition of mods will bring more people back to LFS... aaand maybe they won't. Guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

Last edited:
only like a decade too late. All that's left of the community are a couple hundreds dudes playing cops'n'robbers and a few dozen flooding the new mod system with ripped drift cars. There's no place for racing left in LFS.
Is it late? Yes, absolutely.
Is it too late? Well no, I don't think so. It still has community traction and there is a lot of hope expecially after the Mods update and the constant feedback with the devs. I think it will remain a niche indie game, but at least a more modern one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back