• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured LFS: Latest Graphic Update Blog Post and Previews

Discussion in 'Live for Speed' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 1, 2019.

1. magzire86

magzire86

Ratings:
    +15
    LOL you moron, was actually one of the first sims to have it

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. racingdud3

racingdud3

Ratings:
    +10
    This is SPAM!!! @moderators please!
    Instant Kick and ban! :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,855
    My plan to rule the world has been exposed:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,069
    Having a blast around the fast paced 'Westhill Circuit' in LFS:D...I think the grass / trees and clouds are great looking in the tracks in LFS amongst all the other track side objects, fantastic textures all around...personal opinion of course
    1 LFS WESTHILL CIRCUIT copy.jpg 2 LFS WESTHILL CIRCUIT copy.jpg 3 LFS WESTHILL CIRCUIT copy.jpg 4 LFS WESTHILL CIRCUIT copy.jpg 5 LFS WESTHILL CIRCUIT copy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Joey2803

Joey2803

Ratings:
    +0
    This title needs more improvement in FFB than in graphics.

6. cebeuno

cebeuno

Ratings:
    +46
    I hope this update attracts the attention at least from the old players (I do not ask for miracles and full servers as in its good time) But at least a streak of a few months with people on the servers to be able to continue enjoying what since 2009 is My favorite simulator. (I don't need good graphics, with your physicals and your multiplayer is more than enough. Without neglecting your spectacular online database)

PD: I still wait for Scirocco.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +10

Live for Speed is still a fantastic Sim, one of the best, if not the best and more realistic.

The blue skies in this Sim are beautiful, the best I´ve ever seen in any Sim.

It´s sad that the developers are just a couple of guys. If this Sim was developed by a professional team,
    it would be the best regarding physics and realistic graphics. The graphics in Live for Speed look to me
    the best because they are 'photorealistic', they don´t look like most 3D games which look like they are
    all polygons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. passenger

passenger

Ratings:
    +10
    The colour palette and sharpness in Live for Speed makes it look more beautiful and realistic to me.
    Most moderm Sims seem pale or dull compared to it. My opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +490

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: .......sorry it is just so funny after all these years people still can't shake it, one must ask why ?
    and from experience hosting a room 8 hours every day for 2 years the people complain loudest could not drive it to save their lives

10. Daniel R.

Daniel R.
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    In my opinion one hell good sim if it is about simulation.
    Very good FFB and very good physics.

Some years ago i had a go in a drift training with caterhams @Nürburgring. After that i drove them also in LFS. It was so much fun and so close to what i had in reality...it blew my mind of. And already by that time LFS was very old.

The second thing i love about it is the VR implementation. IMO it´s close to perfect and something that more well known sims could learn a lot from!!
    It´s an implementation with no compromise in my oppinion.

I just don´t use it often, because there is nearly no online club racing or leagues for it. If there would be i would for sure use it more...

Isn´t there the possibility to have a race with you guys here @Racedepartement?

• Like Like x 3
  11. robt100

robt100
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    ...you do realise ACC has just moved over to its 'advanced' 3 lateral point tyre contact model......which LFS has used for over 15 years?? And much more besides....

@M D Gourley I can't remember the exact keyboard shortcut, I THINK its ctrl+A...but you can manually adjust how the sounds are produced, adding more distortion/echo/pitch etc to suit your needs a bit better;)

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,069
    Thanks for that information...will do some research and try it out:)...tried it out... 'Shift + A' ...brings up the Cars Audio adjustments:D...thanks for your help:)
    LFS CAR AUDIO adjust SHIFT + A.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  13. Helldriver

Helldriver

Ratings:
    +55
    There are two sims, which survived over the years, LFS and RBR.
    Both of them are really great with an OSW and VR, despite their age.

They should work on the sounds in both games, otherwise i´m fine with them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Trimaz

Trimaz

Ratings:
    +43
    Dude, this game has had VR support for years. One of the first VR supported sims from I remember. It ran beautifully with my DK2 all the way back in 2014 from what I remember.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.