Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

i agree this is not bias but this is being blown sky high. lets look at another "sport" cricket. back in the old days if a batsmen knew he'd been bowled LBW he would walk, now they stand and let the umpire make the call... you could say they are lying here to the ref. no investigations done its just part of the game.

Lewis and McLaren told a porky pie and get kicked out of the race results because of it. wish this could just be the end of it. the above statement doesn't look good for the sport. :(

• 123456789aa

Hamilton: "I am not a liar"

i read this from a website and i just copy pasted the story here

source:http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f1/news/detail/item237105/Hamilton:-%22I-am-not-a-liar%22/

A contrite Lewis Hamilton has finally broken his silence on his disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix.
Hamilton was excluded from the classification for last weekend's race after it was determined that he and the team's sporting director, Dave Ryan, had deliberately misled stewards in their investigation into an incident towards the end of the race.
Ryan has been suspended by the team and Hamilton, the reigning world champion, still faces the possibility of further sanctions from the FIA, which could include suspension or disqualification from the championship.
"In Melbourne I had a great race and as soon as I got out of the car I did TV interviews at the back of the garage and straightaway I told them what had happened during the race," Hamilton said.
"Straight after that we were requested to appear before the stewards and whilst waiting for the stewards, I was instructed and misled by the team manager to withhold information and that's what I did.
"I sincerely apologise to the stewards for wasting their time but really, I'm very sorry for the situation and for my team and for Dave, because he's been a good member of the team for many years and I don't think that it was his intention. He's a good guy.
"When I went into the meeting, I had no intention (to lie). I just wanted to tell my story and see what happened. I was misled and that's just how it went.
"I would like to say a big sorry to all my fans who have believed in me and supported me through the years. They watched me for what I am the last two years - that's who I am.
"I am not a liar. I'm not a dishonest person. I'm a team player and every time I've been informed to do something, I've done it.
"This time I realise that it's a huge mistake and I'm learning from it.
"I apologise for not speaking to you (the media) yesterday but it's a lot to take in and a lot to deal with it so I'm hear to apologise to everyone."
Hamilton felt that he owed it to his fans and supporters to explain his side of the story.
"This is not an easy thing for anyone to do, to put their hand up and to step back and to realise that they're in the wrong," he added.
"But the fact is I was in the wrong and I felt that I owed it to my fans and I owed it to my people to let them know.
"I was misled - it's easy to be misled sometimes - but that was the situation and that's why I'm here.
"I acted as a team member. When I've been asked to do something, I've generally done it.
"I didn't have time to think about what I was going to do. I went in and I did it and felt awkward and very uncomfortable and I think that the stewards could see that.
"I've never felt so bad. Try to put yourself in my position. As I've said, I'm not a liar and I've not gone through life being a liar or dishonest. So for people to say that and for the world to think that way, what can I say?"

2qva58w.png

• Wido Rossen

His father, and manager, Anthony is contemplating moving his son away from
McLaren after the team’s role in the ‘liargate’ controversy which dominated the build-up to Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Hamilton Snr is still fuming at how the world champion came to ‘deliberately mislead’ the stewards over his actions in the closing laps of the Australian race a week earlier.

Lewis, along with McLaren sporting director Dave Ryan, who has been suspended and is expected to be paid off for his silence, lied about how Jarno Trulli of Toyota came to pass him under the safety car in Melbourne.
Was Lewis merely following orders from McLaren to fabricate?
Lewis Hamilton will hold talks with McLaren at their Woking HQ
Hamilton Snr maintains that he was. Could Lewis have stuck to his own moral code and defied the instruction? Hamilton Snr maintains that contractual obligations prohibited such defiance.
Whatever conclusions you draw, the Hamiltons remain furious, and Lewis’s future - if not immediately, then at the end of the season - is on a knife-edge, not least because his current McLaren car is desperately slow.
Lewis, who will hold meetings at McLaren’s Woking HQ on Tuesday, is chastened by the experiences of last week, even if many believe that the emotional apology he
issued on Friday owed more to being rumbled than to genuine remorse.
Hamilton Snr is understood to be pondering whether to turn his back on McLaren, the team who supported Lewis through the ranks at an estimated cost of £5million, and switch to rivals less prone to shooting themselves in the foot.
He has spoken to Max Mosley, the FIA president, more than once in the last few days to discuss the possibility even of Lewis quitting the sport or, at the very least, leaving McLaren.
But their talks reflect sentiments which are hardly new to the Hamiltons - and, it should
be noted, have previously led nowhere.
The biggest stumbling block to engineering an escape route concerns where to place Lewis.
Ferrari are favourites, if he can wriggle out of his five-year contract worth £75m, but they are currently as slow as McLaren.
He is into his second year of the deal but various get-out clauses could cut his stay short.
The same applies with Martin Whitmarsh, Hamilton’s team boss. His fate will be discussed by the board of McLaren’s biggest shareholders, Mercedes, this week.
Further punishment is also anticipated from the FIA, who are angry at the team’s deceit.

In the Daily Telegraph or Times today it reported this aswell.
It also stated that Alonso was going to join Ferrari in 2011 and possibly earlier if Raikkonen Performs Badly. So they reckoned down to the teams cutting down there budget's for next year, Hamilton could be lining up with Button next year. Mouth watering eh ?

i think Hamilton should split from Mclaren, it would show that he doesnt accept being pushed around and told what to do (especially lying)

He shouldnt have lied in the first place then he was not in this situation! First acting a liar and then daddy has to point his finger to the team.

Would he have made a problem out of this if they came away with it?

:no::party2:

• vmagics

Having seen Hamilton do the "Celebrity in a reasonably priced car" I'm thinking he should get a job as the next Stig.:car:

It was never like this under big ron ;)

Lewis with McLaren is like Gerrard with Liverpool. The team have been good to them both, may be at times under performed, may be at times the relationship has been a little strained but they will still get over these differences and stick together. I do not see anyone taking Lewis with that hefty 5 year contract around his neck so they'll sort this out, its just a little sore just now.

(getting ready to eat my hat though) :D

It was never like this under big ron ;)

Lewis with McLaren is like Gerrard with Liverpool. The team have been good to them both, may be at times under performed, may be at times the relationship has been a little strained but they will still get over these differences and stick together. I do not see anyone taking Lewis with that hefty 5 year contract around his neck so they'll sort this out, its just a little sore just now.

(getting ready to eat my hat though) :D

+1 God I wish all this controversy would stop and Mclaren would just score some points my god its only the second race and they are talking about bans already.

Hamilton Sr. should take a quiter role Im getting sick of seeing his super serious face in the pit lane every weekend. He makes me anxious with that worrying look of his all the time. I actually defended him when Lewis first started racing.

Pls Mclaren back to the basics of winning and scoring points, Ferrari are helping you out as much as possible and come Tuesday you might recieve even more help.

And watch out for that non-diffuser RedBUll and that German Kid:giggle:

Thank you lewis for keeping the FIA rule book updated... :tongue:

It is always the same shamefull history, he brakes a rule and then it will be forbiden from next race on.

FIA and Charlie Waiting are a bad joke if they don´t apply rules and the needed penalties, I mean, if a drive through makes not justice add a second one and send th driver to the position he deserves, otherwise the cheater is having a benefit on his action. So you can overtake the safety car or not depending on your own interests when it should be the most serious part to respect on the rule book.

70.000 people on stands to wtachj a race decided by the Safety Car.

Well, beyond all the **** written in the rule books, I do think there is firstly a big issue with penalties, and the way they are applied, they seem just not adapted.

If you do something wrong in early-race : You get a DT and lose 10 or 15 seconds
If you do something wrong in late-race : Your incident is investigated after the race, and then, you get a 25 seconds penalty (because the only other possible sanction in the rules is a disqualification)

Maybe a S&G penalty was more adapted for Lewis, I do think that S&G still exists, but I think however this is only applied in case of repeated offence or in case of real anti-sportive manoeuvre (deliberate contact for instance)...

So, they should also update this... But about SC rules (which are not right atm), they should do what they did before, let the SC exit pits just in front of the leader, and then, do what you want with pit stops...

BTW, the following cars are under investigation :
1 : Button
9 : Barichello
10 : Hulkenberg
11 : Kubica
12 : Petrov
14 : Sutil
15 : Liuzzi
16 : Buemi
22 : De La Rosa

Latest News

How long have you been simracing