Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

image.png

First of all:
mlfw5617_small.png

Secondly: This has got to be the umpteenth time something as irrelevant to the current situation in F1. I can not see why this has been posted (it's 4am here though, could be why).

You know, Anthony, it sounds like you are trying to inform us of something most of us don't know.

Yes, people forget easily, especially if Willy T. Ribbs is a nobody in motorsport other than a dark driver, which is rare.

To reiterate, I am scratching my head at this post.

Lewis Hamilton expects to struggle when the heat is on during the Hungarian GP

Temperatures expected to top forty degrees in Budapest this weekend

By Pete Gill. Last Updated: July 25, 2013 4:00pm

Lewis Hamilton has admitted he is braced for "a tough weekend" at the Hungarian GP in soaring temperatures that are expected to adversely damage the competitiveness of his Mercedes team.
Particularly on race day, Mercedes have struggled this season in hot conditions, and the forecast 40-degree heat for this weekend's race is expected to see the Anglo-German team slip further behind runaway leaders Red Bull.
But it's not only the weather concerning Hamilton. Mercedes were forced to sit out last week's Young Driver Test when the new range of Pirelli tyres to be introduced in Budapest were first trialled, leaving Hamilton firmly on the back foot as he strives to stay within touching distance of Sebastian Vettel in the Drivers' Championship.
"It's going to be tough weekend definitely, the conditions will not help, and plus we have not driven the new tyres," admitted Hamilton.
"So we've got some catching up to do, but that's what we do best and we've just got to work as hard as we can to try to understand the tyres and put ourselves in the best possible place.
"But I anticipate it is going to be a difficult weekend."
The Mercedes W04 has deservedly earned a reputation this season for being fast but excessively demanding on its tyres, making their absence from the three-day Silverstone test a potentially critical disadvantage.
"It would have definitely helped to be there, to understand how to set the car up with the new tyres and to see how they behave on long runs and all those sort of things," rued Hamilton. "At the end of the day, it is what it is, we have a great team and I've no doubt we will make up for the lost time."
This weekend's event marks the halfway stage of the 2013 campaign, a season in which Hamilton has generally exceeded expectations but is yet to claim a win. With Vettel holding a 58-point advantage over Hamilton in the standings, only victories - and a cluster of them - will be sufficient for the 2008 World Champion if he is to add a second title to his CV this term.

Yet even if Hamilton is unable to prevent Vettel claiming a fourth successive title, it doesn't necessarily follow that the season will be regarded as a failure by a driver who stunned F1 eight months ago when he quit McLaren for a team which had previously won just a single race in three years.
"I don't really look at myself as a championship contender at the moment, I'm fourth in the championship and as a team we are second in the Constructors'. But at the start of the season everyone was writing me off and then all of a sudden they changed their opinions and we've had some really good results due to the hard we've been putting in," Hamilton reflected.
"We're not giving up, we've got to keep pushing, and we hope that we get some wins in the races coming, but it's going to be tough.
"But I'm really pleased with how the season has gone so far, especially compared to where the team was last year, it's a massive step-up."

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...e-when-the-heat-is-on-during-the-hungarian-gp

Racing is a numbers game. Winning is nice but you do what you need mathematically. He knew i need X points to win the tittle and no more. He could of been saving the engine or parts.

In NASCAR Mat Kenseth won a tittle with 1 win.
All he had to do was finish in the top 10 and avoid retirements. Other contenders had more wins and wined bringing in the Sprint Format in final 10 races.

Racing is a numbers game. Winning is nice but you do what you need mathematically. He knew i need X points to win the tittle and no more. He could of been saving the engine or parts.

In NASCAR Mat Kenseth won a tittle with 1 win.
All he had to do was finish in the top 10 and avoid retirements. Other contenders had more wins and wined bringing in the Sprint Format in final 10 races.
Who is He? The guy on the title of the post?

Really please today.fastest guy wins everytime in an equal car. I'm sure niki lauda said Lewis was the greatest.not sure if he meant from the current crop of drivers but for him to be blown away, it says a lot!

I have not been a Fan of Lewis Hamillton i guess i never forgave him for stuff hes done in the past like Ram my Hero JB at Montreal.
Just like i despised Coulthard for ramming it to Shumi at SPA. And Jaques Villneneve for all his political antics and dumb moues. Or Webber for his lets pass this guy and flip the car over.
Bottom line these drivers are popular and people somewhere like them.

So to Lewis im not cheering for you but good job this season driving for maturley closing in on tittle chase. Make the most of it.
Kimi Alonso or Vettel will run you down to the finish line, so theirs no trophy yet.

Really please today.fastest guy wins everytime in an equal car. I'm sure niki lauda said Lewis was the greatest.not sure if he meant from the current crop of drivers but for him to be blown away, it says a lot!

It doesn't really, Lauda is non-executive chairman of Merc F1 - of course he's going to be praising Hamilton to high heavens.

It doesn't really, Lauda is non-executive chairman of Merc F1 - of course he's going to be praising Hamilton to high heavens.
Yes I know that but...lauda is a straight forward guy. He,s known for saying it how it is.dorsn,t pussy foot around. Also, I could be wrong but I didn't,t heat such powerful words when nico won the two races he won earlier this season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back