Lewis Hamilton Silences Critics

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Lewis Hamilton says that silencing his critics who frowned upon his transfer to Mercedes, has left him delighted! The British Ace has been biting his lip all weekend while getting the job done for Mercedes.

Hamilton always played the expectations down during the summer testing sessions. But after the weekend the Brit had at Australia where the team were genuinely expecting top 10 finish, Lewis brought the car home in 5th place.

He always has admitted moving to Mercedes was a gamble, however on Sunday Hamilton said to The Sun Newspaper

"It's always good to get that first race out the way and prove people wrong. Everyone — particularly all the ex-drivers, have been commenting, saying it was the worst decision ever. They were saying ‘he’s going to finish nowhere. Mercedes are going to be nowhere’. Lately they have contradicted themselves, going the other way, but they don’t know what they’re talking about."

After finishing 5th in Australia, Hamilton has admitted that he is expecting a good season. Nico Rosberg's weekend came to an premature end when he was forced to park his Mercedes after an electronics failure halfway through the Australian Grand Prix. The German reported there were some cuts and then out of nowhere an electrical problem occurred and then he had pull his Mercedes to the side of the track. he said. "The car felt okay and everyone was sounding very positive in my ears, but apparently it wasn't so great."

However, while the grass is greener on the other side for Lewis, over at McLaren their new driver Sergio Perez is finding the grass isn't alot greener at all. His Qualifying session was far from his best one. He struggled to get P15, while finishing 11th in race. The Mexican will be hoping McLaren can sort out their technical issues, saying the car is too slow.

Meanwhile his team mate Jenson Button brought the under performing McLaren home in 9th. The 2009 British Champion was also complaining about the "Evolution" McLaren MP4-28.
View the Post on the Blog

5th was a great result for Hamilton, but lets not forget that at the start of 2012, Mercedes were right at the front, getting a win in China, but by the end of the season, they were barely scoring points. It's too early to say he's silenced the critics.

Lets hope Mercedes can move forward this year, not backwards.

I think it is far too early to silence anyone and say it was the right or wrong decision (at least from a sporting point of view).
McLaren hast 18 more races to catch them and MGP 18 more to screw things up.

I can't help thinking what MSC would have done with the Mercedes this year.

Considering he must have helped with development....
What's up with this myth again? MSC helped with development as much as any other driver would, giving his input on the car's feel and what he needs from it. Better or worst than other drivers, that's for sure. But saying he helped with development it's a bit far fetched, in my opinion. He can say he needs more mid corner grip, but he won't tell the engineer how to get that. His advantage was that he was able to get himself surrounded by capable people, like Todt, Brawn, etc.

I can't help thinking what MSC would have done with the Mercedes this year.

one thing is for sure. He wouldnt have yapped back at his critics after the very first race! ;),but thats Michael ..the 7xWDC,not Lewis the 7xBagel Champion. Talking back to Sterling Moss and Jackie Steward!..ha what a joke...silence Vettel and Alonso first before u pick on old gizzers

When is this guy gona grow up,hmm?

one thing is for sure. He wouldnt have yapped back at his critics after the very first race! ;),but thats Michael ..the 7xWDC,not Lewis the 7xBagel Champion. Talking back to Sterling Moss and Jackie Steward!..ha what a joke...silence Vettel and Alonso first before u pick on old gizzers

Seven time bagel champion? Oh my god you made my day lol :D Lewis has matured enough by the way. It still baffles me the amount of stick he still gets. He is one of the quickest drivers of all time and he has been awe inspiring in formula one. It's time to give him some credit I think hmm?

Hamilton has always been fiercely competitive. Raised in a working-class part of England, obsessed with cars even as a toddler, he graduated to go-karts at age five when his dad bought a used one for 300 Pounds. He won his first six races. "I was blessed with the ability to understand how cars move," he explains. "You know how in 'The Matrix,' he can see the matrix? When I'm driving, I see the lines."

Seven time bagel champion? Oh my god you made my day lol :D Lewis has matured enough by the way. It still baffles me the amount of stick he still gets. He is one of the quickest drivers of all time and he has been awe inspiring in formula one. It's time to give him some credit I think hmm?
My money is still on Vettel or Alonso with Kimi as backup. I need to see LH start beating these 3 guys this season before I fall for all of his hype. Good luck to all of them! :)

What's up with this myth again? MSC helped with development as much as any other driver would, giving his input on the car's feel and what he needs from it. Better or worst than other drivers, that's for sure. But saying he helped with development it's a bit far fetched, in my opinion. He can say he needs more mid corner grip, but he won't tell the engineer how to get that. His advantage was that he was able to get himself surrounded by capable people, like Todt, Brawn, etc.
Sorry, but I think you forgot how meticulous MSC was. He was the only one who tested every day, drove round after round after round just with one goal: to get the best out of the car. For me this is what is meant with this "myth".

Also love how people say Hamilton should "prove himself"..
Really? Let´s look at the teammates of the other guys and see if anyone except Alonso has truly "proved" themselves.

Hamilton - 2 time champ (Alonso) - 1 time champ (Button) - Kovalainen - Rosberg.

Alonso - Marques - Yoong - Trulli - 1 time champ (Villeneuve (2 races) - Fisichella - Hamilton - Piquet Jr - Grosjean

Raikkonen - Heidfeld - Coulthard - Montoya - Wurz - de la Rosa - Massa - Badoer - Fisichella - Grosjean

Vettel - Heidfeld - Liuzzi - Bourdais - Webber

Sorry, but I think you forgot how meticulous MSC was. He was the only one who tested every day, drove round after round after round just with one goal: to get the best out of the car. For me this is what is meant with this "myth".
Sorry, but we've all seen him "developing" the Mercedes the last 3 years. That's what I call a myth buster. Developing a racing car is far more than going round and saying what it's good or bad. De la Rosa can do that and nobody gives him any credit whatsoever. So why should we all praise the mighty Schumacher for this? I don't want to start anything, that is just my opinion. The thing is everybody said MSC is winning because Ferrari is so much faster than anything else. So this myth was invented. Schumacher has plenty of other qualities as a racing driver, but this is just exaggerated in my view.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%