Lewis Hamilton 2017 HELMET (Modification) - By MMPAW44.

Helmets Lewis Hamilton 2017 HELMET (Modification) - By MMPAW44. v2.0 - FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
PAWANH submitted a new resource:

Lewis Hamilton 2017 HELMET (Modification) - By MMPAW44. - 2017 Lewis Hamilton Helmet

LEWIS HAMILTON 2017 HELMET (MODIFICATION) - By MMPAW44.

Here you have a simple texture modification to the (current 25/8/2017) helmet texture of the Lewis Hamilton helmet in F1 2017.

Until the patch releases which updates (some) driver textures & the car liveries to current spec, i thought i would just create Lewis's helmet instead of seeing his 'season start' default in-game helmet.

Changes include:

Correct Orange/Yellow Helmet Colouring.
Correct...

Read more about this resource...

Great mod, but please can you help me with one thing? For example when I take the Alonso Helmet dds from the incardriver, the image doesn't charge in photoshop or is very little. I don't know how to edit helmets and I would know if you can help me and how did you made it to edit the Hamilton's helmet. Thanks :)

after installing will the game still save in career mode?

I assume so, although don't quote me on that as i haven't tried it.
You could create another new career to test it, then delete the saved career if it doesn't work...

That's the best answer i can provide as i just don't know.

THX!

Works online?

I don't play F1 games online so i really can't answer your question...sorry.

However, someone else asked the same question so all i can suggest is if you look at the helmets created for F1 2016, i'm sure they'll be an answer to your question there - F1 2016 is basically the same as 2017.

Hope i've helped!
THX!

Great mod, but please can you help me with one thing? For example when I take the Alonso Helmet dds from the incardriver, the image doesn't charge in photoshop or is very little. I don't know how to edit helmets and I would know if you can help me and how did you made it to edit the Hamilton's helmet. Thanks :)

Right...
Firstly, if you've extracted the file correctly (which i assume you have) and can see the image albeit small, it is that way and you've done nothing wrong.

The texture file is 128x128 pixels so it will be very small - Obviously you can enlarge the texture but because of the small size to begin with, it will be very poor quality.
You have to extract the large 4096x4096 texture by using the Noesis application first; then when you've completed the alterations, you can then reduce the size to 128x128 and save the image.

NOTE: The smaller 128x128 size is for the distance texture when viewing the car/driver from a distance; which is why the incardriver.erp texture is small.

All the information you need is posted in this thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/

This thread goes into fine detail as to editing and installing modified textures.

Hope i've provided what you need - You should have everything!
THX!

PAWANH updated Lewis Hamilton 2017 HELMET (Modification) - By MMPAW44. with a new update entry:

UPDATED: NEW v2.0 - Helmet Textures Update (Alternate Visor Colour Options)

LEWIS HAMILTON 2017 HELMET (MODIFICATION) - By MMPAW44.

Here you have v2.0 'FINAL' texture modification to the (current 25/8/2017) helmet texture of the Lewis Hamilton helmet in F1 2017.

This Updated version 2.0 FINAL now includes 2 versions - Black or Red Iridium Visors for your preference.

Until the patch releases which updates (some) driver textures & the car liveries to current spec, i thought i would just create Lewis's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great Work !!! Can i use this helmet for me in carrer mode?
Thank you for reply,buddy.

As asked from a previous member; I can't 100% say whether it will work or not in career mode...

This only replaces Lewis Hamilton's helmet from the default one. To use in your own career the helmet would have to be converted for use in career mode - that of which I haven't ever done.

Obviously, if you do seasons in championship mode with Lewis Hamilton, then I assume it will work.

THX!
EDIT: I will look into this though....

Right...
Firstly, if you've extracted the file correctly (which i assume you have) and can see the image albeit small, it is that way and you've done nothing wrong.

The texture file is 128x128 pixels so it will be very small - Obviously you can enlarge the texture but because of the small size to begin with, it will be very poor quality.
You have to extract the large 4096x4096 texture by using the Noesis application first; then when you've completed the alterations, you can then reduce the size to 128x128 and save the image.

NOTE: The smaller 128x128 size is for the distance texture when viewing the car/driver from a distance; which is why the incardriver.erp texture is small.

All the information you need is posted in this thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/

This thread goes into fine detail as to editing and installing modified textures.

Hope i've provided what you need - You should have everything!
THX!
Okey thanks, the problem is that I don't know how to change the size with Noesis. How do you do it?

Okey thanks, the problem is that I don't know how to change the size with Noesis. How do you do it?

You can't change the size with Noesis...

Noesis is only used for extracting the textures; Once you have the 4096x4096 texture extracted, then edited to your liking in Photoshop, you resize the texture from 4096x4096 to 128x128.

As I've already said, for the helmet textures to display correctly in game, you need to edit the 4096 size extracted using Noesis, and then resize and save another texture to 128x128 to replace the texture in the incardriver.erp file.

The link I provided earlier explains all this.
Just read through it page by page and it has all your questions explained.

Regards

You can't change the size with Noesis...

Noesis is only used for extracting the textures; Once you have the 4096x4096 texture extracted, then edited to your liking in Photoshop, you resize the texture from 4096x4096 to 128x128.

As I've already said, for the helmet textures to display correctly in game, you need to edit the 4096 size extracted using Noesis, and then resize and save another texture to 128x128 to replace the texture in the incardriver.erp file.

The link I provided earlier explains all this.
Just read through it page by page and it has all your questions explained.

Regards
The problem is that I don't know how to extract it in 4096x4096, I extract it in a very little size, 128x128, maybe ERP Archiver 4.4 is not the correct. I don't know

The problem is that I don't know how to extract it in 4096x4096, I extract it in a very little size, 128x128, maybe ERP Archiver 4.4 is not the correct. I don't know

I really don't know how much more i can help you to be honest...
I have given you details; Plus i have given you the link to the thread which explains in fine detail what applications/tools/plugins are required to successfully extract & install your modified textures.

If you've read and followed the instructions to a tee, then you shouldn't be having any issues...That thread is how i learned how to extract them (But not for creating textures).
I apologise if it isn't being clear somehow, but with the thread link i provided, it gives you everything you need.

Simply put, Noesis extracts the 4096x4096 texture image - The Ego ERP Archiver is used to extract the 128x128 texture found in the incardriver.erp file.

I really don't know how else to help you....i really don't....even though i've tried and given you everything you need to do this.
Maybe it's the image editing software you're using: I use: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Extended / Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended, and Paint.net for minimal tasks.

Like i've stated, the thread i provided is there with all the information you need, and also explains what is required. I could post the exact same instructions but what is the point when they are already provided...?
I'm sorry but i'm just baffled as to why you're having these issues when the information in the provided thread is clear and precise.

Regards

I will add that Noesis extracts the image by default in it's native resolution, which is 4096x4096...

There isn't any way that i know of which would make the texture resolution resize itself to 128x128 (Or very small).

Right...
After some investigation, it appears that the 'Noesis' application for extracting textures hasn't been updated yet to F1 2017 compatibility - However, for some reason or other it allowed me to extract the Lewis Hamilton helmet texture (I have absolutely no idea why!).

I have tried to extract numerous other driver helmet textures; including Fernando Alonso, and Noesis will not allow extraction of the textures...which means this is why you could be having the issues you've stated.

The reason why i just checked is because i was going to ask you what you were hoping to create using Fernando's helmet...? - I don't usually permit requests, however due to the issues you are having i was going to do the work you require.

So, basically speaking, until the Noesis program has been updated, then texture extraction & editing is very limited unfortunately.....It's just a waiting game until Noesis is updated.

Many regards

Right...
After some investigation, it appears that the 'Noesis' application for extracting textures hasn't been updated yet to F1 2017 compatibility - However, for some reason or other it allowed me to extract the Lewis Hamilton helmet texture (I have absolutely no idea why!).

I have tried to extract numerous other driver helmet textures; including Fernando Alonso, and Noesis will not allow extraction of the textures...which means this is why you could be having the issues you've stated.

The reason why i just checked is because i was going to ask you what you were hoping to create using Fernando's helmet...? - I don't usually permit requests, however due to the issues you are having i was going to do the work you require.

So, basically speaking, until the Noesis program has been updated, then texture extraction & editing is very limited unfortunately.....It's just a waiting game until Noesis is updated.

Many regards
Yes, this is the problem, with some helmets like Hamilton or Grosjean I don't have problems but with others yes. I wanted to extract the Alonso's helmet to include the Johnnie Walker logo but the size is the main problem. Maybe we will have to wait until they update th programm.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back