Lets touch on a sensitive topic.

Well guys, i hate to complain all the time but i will get to my point quickly.

When i was waiting for the MP release i was like, yeah, release MP and then i dont give a damn about more features getting done quickly.

But, as many of you know, lately i have been running a lot of club races here in RD (enjoying every minute i might add, ok except that nords race :p) and i have 2 big concerns / issues / things to moan about.

1. Slipstream. Really.... racing would be so much better if we had slipstream. I cant even stress how many times i am behind a slower car and i just have to be MUCH faster than him to overtake because he is defending well. If slipstream was implemented, it would be 2x easier. I can back this up with video footage but i think you know what i mean... Slipstream is an integral part of physics and racing. End of story.

2. Pitstops. At the beginning i thought i would be happy with just 5-6 lap races (until 1.0), but after some 20-30lap races i really think we should get pitstops by 1.0 . I dont want it NOW, i just want it for 1.0 . Kunos seems to think it is not that important, i call BS on that. For a serious 30-40 lap race it is important.

Dont take this post as a compaint, i am just disappointed because MP racing would be MUCH better.

Well, the game is in Early Access.

The features you've listed are all in development. The online netcode for a racing game is incredibly difficult to do well. In fact it's arguably the most difficult netcode to write in the gaming industry. So to develop a stable platform for 25 guys on one server is very very difficult to do. Let alone factoring in slip streaming.

It's been common knowledge for many many months now that pit stops are coming post 1.0. Nothing we can do about it, and I'm sure Kunos want pitstops in the game just as much as we do, so to say that Kunos don't think pitstops are important is plain wrong.

Just be patient. These things will come. People really don't seem to realise just how long it can take to implement features into a racing sim.

I don't really get the point of this thread.
It's just a wish list for features that are already in development. :O_o:

I'd rather have them improve the prediction code. Cars don't move realisticly at all now. A lot of small minor jumping.

With, for example, iRacing, you really have the feeling you're driving behind a proper real car when you're behind. You can see the suspenion moving, the car hitting bumps, getting out of shape.

First get the basics right, then start adding feautures.

I would say it is a wishlist thread for features that are planned for development.

I think that slipstream is far over-rated and has been implemented at arcade levels in pretty much every racing game, ever.
F1 basically cheats the system with DRS and still you don't see that many overtakes....

I hope pit stops will be one of the first things they work on after we get to v1.0

I still wouldn't count on seeing them until sometime next year though.

I'd rather have them improve the prediction code. Cars don't move realisticly at all now. A lot of small minor jumping.

With, for example, iRacing, you really have the feeling you're driving behind a proper real car when you're behind. You can see the suspenion moving, the car hitting bumps, getting out of shape.

First get the basics right, then start adding feautures.

I agree so much with this....Racing around anybody with a triple digit ping is a guessing game as to where exactly they are and what exactly they are doing in the car....
Racing around people with pings over 250 can induce seizures from all the jumping around the car does..

Maybe things get better in a couple weeks, we will see.

Gotta admit. I'm not a fan of iRacing's physics feeling, or the subscription based service, but their netcoders are genius. Some of the best netcode of any game.

Thanks for the replies, it seems people think i am complaining about something or i am making my own personal wishlist.
You either didnt read my entire post or you didint realize i wanted to point out that although at first i thought it would be OK not to have slipstream and pits, i have changed my mind seeing that MP racing could be a lot better with those things.
Oh well, sorry to see you misunderstand my post.

Edit: I have about 200hrs of game play in AC, 50 of them in multiplayer. I have never moaned about anything really, except the fact that KS SEEMS TO ME they only started on netcode in 2014.

Thanks for the replies, it seems people think i am complaining about something or i am making my own personal wishlist.
You either didnt read my entire post or you didint realize i wanted to point out that although at first i thought it would be OK not to have slipstream and pits, i have changed my mind seeing that MP racing could be a lot better with those things.
Oh well, sorry to see you misunderstand my post.

Edit: I have about 200hrs of game play in AC, 50 of them in multiplayer. I have never moaned about anything really, except the fact that KS SEEMS TO ME they only started on netcode in 2014.

I read and fully understood your post.

... i have 2 big concerns / issues / things to moan about.

Moaning is complaining. And you wanted to moan (or complain) about 2 things. The lack of slipstream, and the lack of pitstops.

What I don't understand is why you make a thread "moaning" about the lack of such features, when you know full well that they're going to be implemented at some point down the road.

I read and fully understood your post.

Moaning is complaining. And you wanted to moan (or complain) about 2 things. The lack of slipstream, and the lack of pitstops.

What I don't understand is why you make a thread "moaning" about the lack of such features, when you know full well that they're going to be implemented at some point down the road.
Feel free to delete or lock the thread. Thanks.

You're free to vent frustration or particular things you'd like to see Kunos do differently. Just make sure you do it without causing mass arguments, off-topic rants etc. etc.

Since this area of the forum is for discussion about the game, so long as the discussion remains clean and on-topic, then it'll remain open.

No one's done anything wrong... Yet. :whistling:

I can happily wait for pit stops because in reality, how many racing series in real life actually need pit stops and don't do it just to spice up the action?

The cars in AC can run for up to an hour or so without pitting I think so, although pit stops would be nice, the only races that would really benefit it from it would be hour and longer races which there probably won't be many of and would only be in leagues, not public racing, so you can see why Kunos haven't targeted pit stops for a 1.0 release.

That's my personal opinion of course.

What is stopping you from having a pitstop now??
The lack of mechanics running around your car?

If you ignore the above you can pretty much have a functional pitstop.
Go into pitlane, stop at your spot, press ESC, "Back to pits", change settings if you want, press wheel, drive off...
Its not optimal but I see no reason why this couldnt/wouldnt work in a league/club environment!!

What is stopping you from having a pitstop now??
The lack of mechanics running around your car?

If you ignore the above you can pretty much have a functional pitstop.
Go into pitlane, stop at your spot, press ESC, "Back to pits", change settings if you want, press wheel, drive off...
Its not optimal but I see no reason why this couldnt/wouldnt work in a league/club environment!!
You are right. The changes will be complete instantly though.
Anyhow, why are Kunos saying they will have damage in when we wont be able to pit in and fix it. Maybe it works like you said ;)
I wont comment on Kunos decision to have damage in before proper pitstops because the AC police will come and teach me a lesson or two!

I wont comment on Kunos decision to have damage in before proper pitstops because the AC police will come and teach me a lesson or two!

When somebody doesn't agree with your opinion that doesn't mean they are the AC police.

You post your thread on a forum and when doing so others will either agree or disagree with you. Thats the nature of forums :)

Yes, no slipstream. Heh.
So, is it no slipstream in MP? Because a little while ago, I and a few other people had a back-and-forth on the official forums where Aris later chimed in.
KLXxzmT.png

Also in real life, you can see that GT cars can sit behind each other at times and don't always get a 'magic draft boost'.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%