Let's talk view.

I know the standard for most people is cockpit view but I've recently started using the second cockpit view. I'll put a picture up later but my real wheel sits just like a real car as in, all I see on my screen is the dashboard and windscreen. I have a lot clearer view and I'm finding this could be the future lol. Occasionally, I'll change it to the close 3rd person view purely to listen to the sounds out of the exhaust. What's your favourite? Have you experimented?

Typically I use the first cockpit view with correct FOV. I try to adjust the virtual seat to be as accurate to the real thing as possible. Not entirely possible with my setup and still re-adjusting from time to time.

I also tried the Dashboard cam, the second in-car view. The minute I change all settings to be accurate to seating position it is not really different from the first one. Not sure what it tries to emulate. Sitting on the dashboard? ;)
But I've seen some people use it. Maybe on a sim-rig setup, where the monitor is just millimeters behind the actual wheel, it really makes sense? Not sure.

IMG_20190611_231108.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years