Lets Play.... 'Would You Rather'... Sim Racing Edition

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Answer: Surely depends on the treshold regarding definition of 'sim'. And 'least favourite car' - if it includes all the very unfinished and awkward car-mods, I'll definately go with my favourite car in my least favourite sim :thumbsup:

Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight?

Answer: I'd definately come last after a hard tough fight than 90 minutes alone in the front.
Right after I won a couple online series grand prix races in Formula Simracing in 2003-2004 I went directly to offline races in my favourite car and close high AI (better than the online simracers, no offence) and found much more joy in this kind of close battle. And again in SimRaceway some years later. And now again driving the F1SR F1 1991 mod in a Coloni Ford C4 mod in Historic AI. Fighting for not being last over distance with close AI battle is some of the most fun I've ever had. Even a driving error in last corners at dying last lap resulting in lanterne rouge, so to say, couldn't take the excitement from me.

Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Answer: Depends very much on the competition format.
For short races just like formats as the The Race Legends Trophy this is what sprint races should be
(think it's OK with damage = OFF, though in general I dont like it).
For endurance racing I very much like the feeling falling into a deep trance, concentrating on tyre wear, safe quick lines and optimal pit stops. For instance, I've driven several 24 hours event in GTR2 setting up the full field myself for four categories in a Le Mans format of 75 cars and mingling with the reliability of each AI car so I give myself a challenge here in car setup and driving style (Edit: And ofcourse damage = 100%)

Would you rather.... Race in the rain, or race in the dry?
Answer:
Rain. But in longer offline racing which I normally run, I prefer changing conditions, where you have to pit and take quick descisions on tyre change to intermediate, full wet or slicks.GTR2 is still 2nd to none here, which I find ridiculous here in 2020.

Would you rather.... Practice for hours, or turn up and race?
Answer: I like both. I.e. driving endless +2hr tests improving setup and testing tyre wear - time demanding, but joyful.
However, Quick race at a new unchartered track, not driven before at all, is a fun challenge too :D

Last edited:
I'd rather drive my least favorite car in my favorite sim, but hopefully my favorite car(s) are in it anyway.
I'd rather finish last after a hard fight, provided it's one of those pass/repass clean ones. If I'm limping across the line because I'm bashed on every corner - that's not fun.
I should hold and guarantee the position - but I too often go for the gap and spin. Need to work on discipline.
I hate racing in the rain, however I'll reserve some judgement because I haven't done it in that many sims yet. And, I suck at it.
I guess I'd say practice, I often happily hot lap for hours.

To become a champion you need easy wins to boost your confidence and hard fights to learn that you are not as good as you could be.​
Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
You would have to figure out the odds and make the right decision. Probably hold the position and later on think why you were behind somebody in the first place.​
Racing in the rain is a lot more complicated due to the water locating in different places and racing line drying. Not one lap is the same in dry conditions but even more so in damp conditions. You need to perform in both. Most of the time the race track is dry. (excluding Northampton)​
Turn up and race for me. I know how to drive so learning a car & track combo in a sim takes 10-60 min in familiar conditions. It is much more about getting everything else right. Mindset, enough rest, motivation, positivity...​

Would you rather sim racing gained popularity and mainstream attention, bringing more people to the hobby and potentially meaning we see more high quality products at cheaper prices? Or would you rather it remained a niche activity for the dedicated few and to hell with new people and better stuff because we were here first god dammit!!!??!

I chose to remain in the niche spectrum of sim racers but still get the cheaper and better gear! :roflmao:

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
None - I always race my favorite car in my favorite sim for that car (hence Assetto Corsa being still and continuing likely for many years to come my favorite overall racing sim.

Last after a hard fight hands down. I race for the fights for position and great door to door close racing. Hotlapping I can do on my own.

I go for a gap.

Definitely in the rain, I much prefer the rain in any car, especially as modern GT cars are soooo much closer dynamically in therein to the cars that are my all time favorite to race - 1960's - 1980's GT cars.

I am undecided on this one. I looooooove to turn up to race and just have fun but probably more than I enjoy driving, I enjoy the engineering aspect of racing sims and I usually spend WAAAAYYYY more time with telemetry data and setups than actual racing and enjoy it.

Would you rather....your least favourite car in your favourite sim
Would you rather....come last after a hard fight
Would you rather.... hold station and guarantee the position
Would you rather....Race in the rain, or race in the dry...Both!
Would you rather....turn up and race

It doesn't answer your questions, but this is my I'd rather, for practically all my sim racing life, in the past 10 years:

I'd rather play GTR2, where I can properly simulate an endurance race, by swapping driving stints with the AI, than all the new sims, which have day/night transition and dynamic weather, but lack that little feature...

I'd rather drive my favourite car in my least favourite sim - at least I would be comfortable in my seat/car.
I'd rather come last after a hard fight - If you can win a race with ease, then why bother to race...that's called a Sunday Drive.
I'd rather hold station and guarantee the position - flashbacks to real life of nearly a hit-and-spin, never again!
I'd rather race in the dry - In a 1971 Buick Skylark 4dr driving home in the rain, dark, hydro plained, slammed on brake, tapped cement barrier - IEEE!
I'd rather turn up and race - Practiced for hours daily for a week for a league race, 20% into Lap 1 at Zandvoort - DISCONNECT from server!

I'd never spend more then 10K on a race sim.
I drive a 2007 Hummer H3, lifted, widened, 35" mud tires.
I'd NEVER drive anything other then a HUMMER!

Let's drag race the next few sets of lights, after I lose...
I'll drive over your cute lil vw, then BEEP BEEP!, BYEEEEE! ;)

Would you rather drive xxxxx Car in 6 sims have different feelings, from chassis, tyres, ffb ( to name a few )
Basically nothing transferable from sim to sim ..like setup, tyre pressure temps ( to name a few )

OR

Would you rather drive xxxxx Car in 6 sims have same feelings, from chassis, tyres, ffb ( to name a few )
Basically anything transferable from sim to sim ..like setup, tyre pressure temps ( to name a few )

How about this F1 would you rather:

Would you rather be a Mercedes/Ferrari driver for one GP or participate as a Williams driver for the entire 2020 season?
Does this include pay?
If not...Williams - If I did one GP only, I would cry every day after for the rest of my life as I only had one chance at achieving my dream & job. I don't want to win, I just want to participate!!! :thumbsup: :giggle::thumbsup:

I was kind of aiming for sim rig being a smarter choice of the two. But I think I would take the golf, and then spend 1000$ to buy my current setup anyway (meaning steering wheel and pedals, I have ok PC for work) :D

I would rather drive any other track than Nordschleife. As fun and challenging it is, it only has one type of corners. Meaning, there is no Silverstone/Imola/Spa/Street Circuit kind of experience.

I would rather choose best sim with low end wheel, I started with G27 anyway.

And I totally agree with all your choices ✌️

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years