Lets Play.... 'Would You Rather'... Sim Racing Edition

Would you rather have a setup that is faster and denigrates the tires quickly, or a setup that is easier on tires but slower?

Setup that is easier on the tires, this usually means the car is easier to control which results in consistency. Id rather have consistency than very difficult but fast setups ;)

Reactions: DND
Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim? Least favourite car in favourite sim.
Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight? Come last after fight
Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position? Hold station
Would you rather.... Race in the rain, or race in the dry? Race in dry
Would you rather.... Practice for hours, or turn up and race? Turn up and race (that's what time allows and with hold station attitude I am not danger for others) :D

Great one!!
So let’s go…

It’s about the cars, so favorite car in least favorite sim

Come last after a hard (but clean) fight , oh yeah by miles!! What’s winning without fighting….

Hold station and guarantee the position, clean racing before all. Although I go for the gap when it is there and I seem to be faster….

Rain or dry, don’t care, just race.

Depends on the sim, for iracing it’s practice before race, for other sims I prefer to turn up and race.

I'd rather drive my least favourite car in the my favourite sim. It's the simulation that makes things fun more than the shape/sound of the thing I'm sitting in.

I'd rather come last after a hard fight. I honestly find leading a race by more than a few seconds to be pretty boring.

I'd rather go for a gap and spin. No point in racing competitively if you're happy hanging around your current position. (Leader aside.)

I'd rather race in the dry. Rain can be fun, but I want to fight my fellow racers, not the weather.

I'd rather turn up and race. Practicing alone bores me, and can be a frustrating waste if your race end up in tatters on lap one.

I was lured here by that click bait picture :cool::thumbsup:

Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Least favourite car, favourite sim

Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight?
It's always good to feel like superman, so it has to be the former.

Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Guaranteed spin? Guaranteed points for me thank you please!

Race in the rain, or race in the dry?
Rain - don't know what you mean..!

Practice for hours, or turn up and race?
What would James Hunt do? :cool:

* Would you rather have 30 000$ sim rig, or 10 000$ VW Golf MK2 GTI 1.8 with rollcage, coilovers, semi-slick tyre set and bucket seat?

* Would you rather play only Assetto Corsa with all mods available, or all other sims available, but not Assetto Corsa?

* Would you rather have inverted downforce (actual wings on car), or drive with only rear brakes working?

Hi mate !

Interesting choices that you offer

Well, about the golf with rollcage, don't forget that every practice session will cost you gas and fluids at least...(and you cry when you have to do tyres and brakes as well)
Compared to a sim rig that doesn't need anymore investment after first use ... Even if I practice in real life, I would choose the simrig

Then I'll say playing all the Sims but AC

And finally, I'll take the rear brakes, it would be more predictable than the inverted aero !

Your turn :
Would you rather drive only the nordschleife and no other tracks, or any track you want but never the nür ?

Would you rather choose the best sim with a low end wheel, or any simcad with the best wheel ?

Cheers ✌️
Donnie

Would you rather.... Drive my favourite car in my least favourite sim.
That would be RRE, wich still is quite good drive.

Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight?
Win with ease, that means i'm the best. Fighting with backmarkers is far from winning.
Dont want to feel like Russel, had a good race, came in 17th...
Or like Hamilton, had a good race, nobody could even get close to me.

Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Duh.. Hold and try again the next lap

Would you rather.... Race in the rain, or race in the dry?
Dry, rain races I always get rammed from track by people who think braking distances are the same in the rain or re-enter without looking. Very nasty when you are at a hard fought podium place and a double blue flagger comes out of nowhere.

Would you rather.... Practice for hours, or turn up and race?
Practice for hours, if you want to win nowadays, or at least have the feeling you could have a go for it.
Turn up and race mostly end in premature ending of the race.

- Favourite car in your least favourite sim
- Come last after a hard fight
- Hold station and guarantee the position
- Race in the dry
- Practice for hours

Hi mate !

Interesting choices that you offer

Well, about the golf with rollcage, don't forget that every practice session will cost you gas and fluids at least...(and you cry when you have to do tyres and brakes as well)
Compared to a sim rig that doesn't need anymore investment after first use ... Even if I practice in real life, I would choose the simrig

Then I'll say playing all the Sims but AC

And finally, I'll take the rear brakes, it would be more predictable than the inverted aero !

Your turn :
Would you rather drive only the nordschleife and no other tracks, or any track you want but never the nür ?

Would you rather choose the best sim with a low end wheel, or any simcad with the best wheel ?

Cheers ✌
Donnie

I was kind of aiming for sim rig being a smarter choice of the two. But I think I would take the golf, and then spend 1000$ to buy my current setup anyway (meaning steering wheel and pedals, I have ok PC for work) :D

I would rather drive any other track than Nordschleife. As fun and challenging it is, it only has one type of corners. Meaning, there is no Silverstone/Imola/Spa/Street Circuit kind of experience.

I would rather choose best sim with low end wheel, I started with G27 anyway.

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Drive my fav car in least fav sim (exactly what I am doing now. M6 GT3 BMW, Project Cars 2)

After watching "Last Dance" I am going the Jordan route, Screw losing

Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
No guts, no glory

Rain actually. Teaches patience.

Practice for hours, turn up and race, kick everyone's ass from hours of practice :)

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
no brainer: don't really have a favourite car
that hard fight thingy
always the second one
dry dry dry bone dry don't think games are ready for rain yet, not even ACC, which I love
not a practicing guy, so fixed on my two series in iRacing series, I know almost all car/track combinations by heart, works well.

I would rather drive my least favourite car in my favourite sim.
I would rather come last after a hard fight.
I would rather hold station and guarantee the position.
I would rather race in the dry.
I would rather practice for hours.
I would rather enjoy AMS2 single player racing than iRacing multiplayer's.

Least favourite car in favourite sim.

Win a race with ease.

Hold station and guarantee the position.

In the dry.

Turn up and race.

- least favourite car in your favourite sim

- last after a hard fight

- hold station and guarantee the position

- race in the dry

- turn up and race

Would you rather.......

Spend $5k on sim racing/PC upgrades or $5k on real life racing experience ex. RentalKarting league/track days etc.

Spend the summer indoors sim racing or go outside and enjoy nature.

Always favorite car

Come last after a hard battle

Hold and guarantee

Dry

Turn up and race

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years