Lets Play.... 'Would You Rather'... Sim Racing Edition

Would you rather:
A) Race with the best pedals money could buy (but mounted stable with a stable seat), but cheapest everything else (wobbly table & Tracer steering wheel from Amazon )

OR

B) Best 80/20 Rig & DD Wheel money could buy...but cheapest pedals ever (pedals from Tracer Wheel above) With no ABS/TC?

Would you rather:
A) Race with the blurriest VR experience that jumps from 90 FPS to 45 FPS often

OR

B) A solid 60 FPS experience...but on a single 13" Monitor in cockpit view?

I'd rather drive a believable crappy car than an insult to my favourite car LOL
I get that one as the opposite: it's not the "sim" that gets good or bad car handling most often, it's the data people put for that car for the specific sim.
Thats why for few cars I much prefer the older mods for older sims rather than even official cars for newer platforms. Because yes, while older sim can have older graphics, simplified features, but if the car in newer one is missing its key characteristics, like having to heel'n'toe on downshift, that is indeed an insult to my favorite cars.

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Least favorite car for sure. I just did this for Two Drink Tuesday, we raced semis!

Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight?
Hey, I'll take a win.

Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Shoot the gap. Go hard or go home.

Would you rather.... Race in the rain, or race in the dry?
In sims? The rain, 'cause most people aren't up for the challenge. IRL? The dry, but I don't race IRL.

Would you rather.... Practice for hours, or turn up and race?
Assuming there's a race either way? Depends on the car. I'll practice for hours in the right car.

Would you rather have a setup that is faster and denigrates the tires quickly, or a setup that is easier on tires but slower?
Screw the tires man, I can race on bad tires.

Would you rather have $30,000 sim rig, or $10,000 VW Golf MK2 GTI 1.8 with rollcage, coilovers, semi-slick tyre set and bucket seat?
I'm more of a Toyota guy myself, so I'd take a $10,000, Toyota XR AWD with similar mods.

Would you rather play only Assetto Corsa with all mods available, or all other sims available, but not Assetto Corsa?
I already do only play Assetto Corsa.

Would you rather have inverted downforce (actual wings on car), or drive with only rear brakes working?
Rear brakes only. I'm a drifty boy.

Would you rather have a steak dinner at a famous steak house, with all the trimmings, with Pastor Maldonado, or share half a egg salad sandwich, on an uncomfortable park bench in Hyde Park, in a cold drizzle, with Jim Clark?
Sadly, I don't follow F1. I've only heard of Jim Clark in passing, and I don't know of Pastor.

Best pedals and cheap everything else, or best everything except pedals?
Hah, my discord name is ControllerPleb for a reason. I don't use a wheel! I've driven URD's redbull x2010 conversion on controller.

Would you rather race with the blurriest VR experience that jumps from 90 FPS to 45 FPS often or a solid 60 FPS experience...but on a single 13" Monitor in cockpit view?
That's a hard no.

Here's one for all of you:
Would you rather race using a controller, or race while druck?

Everyone likes a good old fashioned game of 'Would You Rather', so we thought it might be fun to play a sim racing themed version of the popular drinking game debate.

If you aren't familiar with the rules, it's pretty simple. Basically you get posed a question of which you pick your preferred option from those presented. See, told you it was easy.

So, I'll get the ball rolling with a few for you to answer...

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?

Those are my suggestions, feel free to answer in the comments section and also think of some of your own for the community to engage with!

Happy playing :)

View attachment 374449

i would rather:
drive my least favorite car in my favorite sim(cade),
i would rather have a race the whole way and end up last than win without ever having to fight for position,
i would rather spin whilst trying to overtake than just keep behind opponent (probably closest one tho as it is very situational - gap would have to be fairly substantial),
i would rather race in the rain (and only recent simcade i own is AC so RIP there, no i dont know how to install the sol thingy),
i would rather not practice at all and just go for races (than vigorously restart because i have no idea how the track goes because i did no practicing)

Would YOU rather:
I. Drive old but good game (example: Geoff Carmmond's F1 GP series) or something new and just plain bad (no examples here i don't play most modern racing games)
II. Buy excellent game out of "the box" or get something more modular (wtih strong emphasis, and community of, people adding new vehicles, tracks etc.) at the cost of the base game being average.
III. Your preferred game have more focus on cars or racetracks?

Sim > car
Clutch lose > easy win
Playing it safe? Risk it? Depends on the context i could do both.
Dry > Rain. I just hate driving in the rain
Suddenly turning up > practice. I know its not ideal but it just makes it more fun lmao.

I only drive the cars I like in the sim I like.
Well. difficult question. I would rather prefer to be very quick on the track and win easily on competitive race.
I race in the middle of the field mainly because I have no choice :D
I hate to be the last.

I try to remain as safe as possible, because a spin means loosing time I could gain with a lot of hard and risky driving during 10 laps.
But if I see a gap which is reasonably possible to use, i try to use it.

Dry
I practise more than I race.
I am not as good as many others, so i try to compensate with practise.
I like to be as confident as possible when I enter the race, which is always complicated for me in the middle of the pack.

1. least favourite car in favourite sim (But also what do you mean least favourite? The sim I don't like or just the Sim I like but I don't play to much? I choose to see it as a sim I don't like).
2. Depends on a day but mostly I enjoy hard fair battle and not easy wins.
3. I think I should stay but most of the time I'm not doing that ... I need to fix it.
4. Rain.
5. Practice for hours, most of the time my anxiety prevent me from racing online.

Least favourite car in favourite sim

Come last after a hard fight, hard as like to win

Easy, going for a gap and spinning could lose you positions, remember that spinning is the end result for this question, so holding the position is the only answer here.

Love racing in the rain

Love practicing but just turning up feels so unprepared... if you know the circuit well, just turn up, if you don't then need to practice...

This is really tough. I'd guess the favourite sim because it could still be fun
Come last after a hard fight. Race to have fun, winning is a bonus.
I don't like going for such desperate moves. But if the other guy drives dirty I'd be willing to push the envelope
What I want is variable weather. The transition from one to other is where the magic happens. I'd guess start with dry and end with wet.
Turn up and race... many races. I'd prefer to have as much driving with others as possible.

Drive with poorly configured pedals, poorly configured steering or poorly configured graphics?
(graphics, as long as the issue is not steering lag)

Drive a car you hate with people you like or drive a car you love with people you don't really care about?
(poor car with friends of course)

Play your dream simulator game (best bits of all sims) with a pad (input method you dislike) or play below average sim with a dream setup, wheels, pedals, motion etc..?
(I'd pick dream setup with poor sim. The sim doesn't matter if I can't use pedals and steering wheel!)

Drive a mod car that looks amazing but drives like bottle of cough syrup or drive a car that looks like a 2002 cube but has great physics?
(great physics)

Watch streamer you think is entertaining but also disagrees with you about everything... or watch streamer that has all the same opinions as you but as a person is unappealing? This is not about any streamers, just a weird question.
(I'd watch the funny streamer, we can agree to disagree)

I'd rather drive my least favourite car in my favourite sim.
I'd rather win a race with ease.
I'd rather go for the gap and spin.
I'd rather race in the dry.
I'd rather turn up to the race .

Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?

Easy. Least favorite car in favorite sim because what matters the most to me is physics (FFB and audio fight over a distant 2nd place). I want to be driving the sim with what I feel has the physics & tyre engine that results in the most realistic/natural behavior - that beats out anything else like type of cars available in the game, FFB, graphics, UI design, etc.​

Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight?

I'm honestly not proud of this answer but win with ease. I feel like racing's a part of me, in my blood - even more so after a couple seasons of real life F2000 (and other cars) - therefore I wouldn't be able to bear the feeling of me coming in last place out of pure speed (if there was an incident, that's a different story).​

Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Heart says go for the gap and spin, mind says hold station and guarantee the position. I'd be cheating if I gave 2 answers though so if I really had to pick I'd say hold station and guarantee the position.​

Race in the rain, or race in the dry?
In my real-life racing, I was slower in the rain than in the dry relative to my pace VS others - I was usually the fastest out of 30+ drivers in the dry but maybe 3rd to 5th fastest in the wet - but I also had little-to-no experience in the wet compared to my competitors (some raced for 5, 10+ years) so I'd say dry for real-life. However, with games, it's the opposite; I very much enjoy the wet and wish there were more wet online races. So I'd say wet for games.​

Practice for hours, or turn up and race?

Turn up and race. It irritates me when I read about someone putting in 300, 500, 1000, etc. laps for a race. Most people don't have that free gaming time on their hands. A league where players only know the car & track (or at least the track) a couple hours before the race would be awesome so everyone has the same or similar amount of practice time (like in real-life racing). Or, ideally, you'd want to setup a couple 1 or 2 hour practice sessions online, qualy, and race and make sure only practice can be done there but many people would cheat and practice offline. It'd be amazing and so cool to have a league full of people who were 100% honest about following that rule to make it more realistic and even.​

Last edited:
I'd rather drive my favourite car (Porsche 911 RSR) in my least favourite sim (PCars 2).
I prefer to come last after a hard fight.
I'm a clean racer, I'd hold station and guarantee the position.
I'd rather race in the dry then in the rain then in the night then in the night rain. That's why I love endurance racing so much.
I'd rather practice for hours by racing against AIs (Practicing alone on Le Mans, even with a Rebellion R13, is boring) but if I already know the track, with the car I'll race or not, I can easily have good laps without practicing outside the free practice before the race.

Least favourite in favourite sim.
Last with a fight, always.
Hold
Rain, especially if it's an easier car like GT3, rain makes it very exciting
Turn up and race, once you learn how to drive and if you dont shut down your brain when the green flag waves you dont need to practice much to have clean races (you wont be fast but you'll have way more fun)

...and also think of some of your own ...

Would you rather.... Drive your favorite car in your least favorite sim, or your least favorite car in your favorite sim?

My favorite car in my favorite Sim...way more pleasurable to me personally:thumbsup:
Don't mind coming last after a hard fight
Go for the gap and spin, then rejoin and make up the positions
Race in the Rain until it clears into a nice sunny day.....then changes again into Heavy Fog
Practice occasionally, but generally just turn up and race

...I am glad I am in control of my favorite pass time :rolleyes::cool::D ...though not sure whether I have the concept right:O_o::roflmao:

I would rather drive my least favourite car in my favourite sim.
I would rather come last after a hard fight.
I would rather hold station and guarantee the position.
I would rather race in the dry.
I would you rather practice for hours if I had the time, but usually I just turn up and race.

Fav car, least fav sim

Come last after a good fight ... as per usual

I'm the king of going for gaps and spinning

Dry. Wet weather is too hard for my PC

Just turn up! went quite well when i just turned up for a club race :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years