Lets Play.... 'Would You Rather'... Sim Racing Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Everyone likes a good old fashioned game of 'Would You Rather', so we thought it might be fun to play a sim racing themed version of the popular drinking game debate.

If you aren't familiar with the rules, it's pretty simple. Basically you get posed a question of which you pick your preferred option from those presented. See, told you it was easy.

So, I'll get the ball rolling with a few for you to answer...

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight?
Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Would you rather.... Race in the rain, or race in the dry?
Would you rather.... Practice for hours, or turn up and race?

Those are my suggestions, feel free to answer in the comments section and also think of some of your own for the community to engage with!

Happy playing :)

Would You Rather...jpg

Last edited:
Do I answer the questions and be ridiculed, or keep my yapper shut?
Ah what the heck.

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim?
Drive least favorite car in favorite sim
Come in last after a hard fight
Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position?
Hold station for guaranteed position
Race in the dry
Practice for hours

Here's one
Would you rather have a setup that is faster and denigrates the tires quickly, or a setup that is easier on tires but slower?

• Drive my least favorite car in my favorite sim.
  • Come last after a hard fight (toughest one, as I enjoy winning)
  • Hold station and guarantee the position (at least MP)
  • Race in the dry
  • Practice for hours (maybe not hours, but with MP sure practice - but not afraid to turn up and race depending on the car and track).

* Would you rather have 30 000$ sim rig, or 10 000$ VW Golf MK2 GTI 1.8 with rollcage, coilovers, semi-slick tyre set and bucket seat?

* Would you rather play only Assetto Corsa with all mods available, or all other sims available, but not Assetto Corsa?

* Would you rather have inverted downforce (actual wings on car), or drive with only rear brakes working?

Last edited:
I'd rather drive my least favourite car in my favourite sim
I'd rather come last after a hard fight
I'd rather Go for a gap and spin
I'd rather race in the dry
I'd rather turn up and race

* Id drive my most fav car in least fav sim. If the most fav sim got it completely wrong.
* Id rather have a "fun" fight, and comfortable with finishing in the middle.
* Guarantee the position
* Race in the dry
* Practice for hours

to Ego1st questions:
* Sim rig. Until i'm super rich I'd drive rental karts and rental racers, spending the price of full sim rig after 1-2 race sessions for repairs/maintenance/rebuilds seems silly to me.
* Kinda resembling the 1st question: if mod car/track is bad, id rather drive it elsewhere. (still enjoying Lotus 23b in rf1 at times).
* Id drive karts with only rear brakes, no biggie.

I would rather drive my least favorite car in my favorite sim
I would rather come last after a hard fight
I would rather hold station and guarantee the position
I would rather race in the dry, (but with an unforeseen and random transition to rain)
I would rather practice for hours, but with my usual results, i could just as well just show up and race :roflmao:

• I would rather drive my favorite car in my least favorite sim
  • I would rather come last after a hard fight (after all everyone likes a challenge)
  • I would rather go for a gap and spin (just like that fella in my profile pic)
  • I would rather race in the dry
  • I would rather practice for hours (not exactly that many time) but In some cases, for cars and/or tracks that I already have some experience, I would rather turn up and race

also,
* Would you rather have 30 000$ sim rig, or 10 000$ VW Golf MK2 GTI 1.8 with rollcage, coilovers, semi-slick tyre set and bucket seat?

* Would you rather play only Assetto Corsa with all mods available, or all other sims available, but not Assetto Corsa?

• I would rather have a $30.000 sim rig (especially considering that I would have to travel for an extremely long time to be able to race that car and pay an absurd amount of money as in my country most things are very overpriced)

• I would rather play only Assetto Corsa with all mods, which I almost already do, except for the Automobilista 2 and now and then some sessions in RF2

Uff, hard... favourite car in least sim.

last after a hard fight, win easy its empty

hold, I´m forthy

Like rain, but not always, if only chose one, chose dry

turn up and race rules ;)

• I would rather come last after a hard fight.
  • I would rather hold station and guarantee the position.
  • I would rather race in the rain... because difficulty
  • I would rather practice for hours... In the rain

I Would you rather.... Drive my least favourite car in my favourite sim.

Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight? Both equally frustrating so I go with the win on this one.

Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position? The first wins races the second wins championships. But I don't do championships.

I Would you rather.... race in the dry. Like my dog I don't like rain.

Would you rather.... turn up and race? That's called arcade and not simulation.

I take the sim rig if you pay ;) And I don't like VW. As much as I think AC is a great game I'll go with door number 2. No GTR2 and no GTL ? No way.

Would you rather.... Drive your favourite car in your least favourite sim, or your least favourite car in your favourite sim? Option B. I'd rather drive a believable crappy car than an insult to my favourite car LOL
Would you rather.... Win a race with ease, or come last after a hard fight? Option B, a fight is always preferred.
Would you rather.... Go for a gap and spin, or hold station and guarantee the position? If it's a one-off fun race then I'll take the Senna approach thank you very much. iRacing events or the like: hold position.
Would you rather.... Race in the rain, or race in the dry? Dry, but I don't hate the challenge of rain.
Would you rather.... Practice for hours, or turn up and race? Option B most days.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%