PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

It's so 100% feature complete that with the best will in the world we can't even host a league for Project CARS due to basic features being absent or poorly designed on the PC game

Just a few comments I have to make on you spreading misinformation (annoying huh when people use that word?):
  • RaceRoom Racing Experience isn't feature complete and still in full development, hence labeled open beta.
  • With over 100 employees working on PCars during peak time you can't call them a small team. How many people are working at ISI you think?
SMS will get my credits for delivering a very very immersive experience on Le Mans with GTs and LMP cars racing in beautiful, challenging and changing weather and day/night conditions but praising them for the rest of the game because of the arguments you mention: not yet.

There is too much still missing or broken and when we get a patch addressing these issues I'll be the first to start a thread giving SMS not just a little but a LOT of credits for developing this game.

I hope they accept the challenge.

edit: I can't judge the Xbox or Playstation version so my comments are only for the PC game I have now extensively worked with for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Hey Damage, can I ask what is the purpose of this thread? Just interested like.
They made a product, we bought it. What else do they want?

edit: just to add, I'm loving the game. Spent many an hour on the single player element this last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
EDIT: Bit harsh!

Good game, great in some respects not there yet in others. They have my credit by me purchasing it. If it gets fully sorted then I may start handing out the laurels. Still surprised no real updates yet.

Last edited:
I'll start by saying i do really like this game (once i managed to get FFB the way i like it).

Single player and career are fine barring a few issues i had with floating cars on the start grid.

Online play is still not quite there though. When you're in the RaceDepartment server and everything is working it really is joy to behold, it looks and feels beautiful. However, getting to that point can be a chore. Whether its not being able to find the server, stuck in bumper cam, no sound or just failing to connect.

Fix these and i think we could have a winner on our hands.

AC was "feature complete", which is why they decided to release it (along w/ the delays im sure). i look at pCARS in the same vein, feature complete but a lot of work to be done.

tbh idk precisely what "feature complete" means. but essentially all the sims are in a constant state of development; i dont see the big deal w/ pCARS being a beta but i do understand why more mainstream users might be bothered.

as for sim fans who feel burnt...dont preorder. doesnt mean you cant complain or those complaints dont have merit, but i feel like a lot of ppl who are wholly dissatisfied with the game probably shouldnt have bought it.

Aren't the packs like DTM Experience and ADAC GT Masters Experience sold as full feature complete products?

To be exact they were feature complete for their designed purpose. F.E. DTM didn't have any multiplayer until recently since we did not have it before, this was also communicated to the public. So yeah it was a finished product and they were feature complete "as designed within the constraint of what was possible at that given time".

Same goes for ADAC its finished as such that it works, and one can enjoy a quality game, but since the platform (R3E) is not feature complete, neither are those packages.

It's so 100% feature complete that with the best will in the world we can't even host a league for Project CARS due to basic features being absent or poorly designed on the PC game

Just a few comments I have to make on you spreading misinformation (annoying huh when people use that word?):
  • RaceRoom Racing Experience isn't feature complete and still in full development, hence labeled open beta.
  • With over 100 employees working on PCars during peak time you can't call them a small team. How many people are working at ISI you think?
SMS will get my credits for delivering a very very immersive experience on Le Mans with GTs and LMP cars racing in beautiful, challenging and changing weather and day/night conditions but praising them for the rest of the game because of the arguments you mention: not yet.

There is too much still missing or broken and when we get a patch addressing these issues I'll be the first to start a thread giving SMS not just a little but a LOT of credits for developing this game.

I hope they accept the challenge.

edit: I can't judge the Xbox or Playstation version so my comments are only for the PC game I have now extensively worked with for a couple of weeks.

Ok "misinformation"...how about you NOT quoting me properly to suit your agenda....I didn't say it's 100% feature complete in my original post did I? Learn to read, I said "MORE OR LESS, 100% feature complete. i.e. a lot of what was meant to be in the game was in the game, but not EVERYTHING.

Can someone verify the 100 figure quoted by Bram. And how many of that were temporary vehicle modellers and artists.

But I know your agenda Bram..and it stinks IMO.

Hey Damage, can I ask what is the purpose of this thread? Just interested like.
They made a product, we bought it. What else do they want?

edit: just to add, I'm loving the game. Spent many an hour on the single player element this last couple of weeks.

I did this thread, "they" have nothing to do with it. The purpose of the thread was to address that SMS worked bloody hard on pCARS, brought many unique things to the sim world, and produced a solid sim that a lot of people really enjoy. Didn't do everything planned and some of what did get in isn't 100% perfect, but hey what does? Have you got Elite Dangerous and seen what was planned vs what was implemented in that game? Games are complex projects, beyond what most people could do. Kunos have my respect, Sector 3 have my respect, SMS have my respect (obviously)...I may not have the other sims but ISI, Reiza and iRacing have my respect. Despite what I say with this sites links to Reiza I'm still interested in GSCE...although I'm looking at getting more R3 stuff first. Sadly it seems SMS get no respect from many here. I just can't understand it.

I didn't say it's 100% feature complete
No you said it's more or less 100% feature complete which by itself is already a contradiction. Something is either 100% complete or not.

Can someone verify the 100 figure quoted by Bram. And how many of that were temporary vehicle modellers and artists.
You can verify that as well and it doesn't matter if people are employed as modelers or artists or do the administration at the office or clean the toilets if they are employed they are part of the team. But feel free to present some figures that state otherwise as this doesn't look like a small team to me.

small team.jpg

Despite what I say with this sites links to Reiza
If we post opinions we get threatened to be sued for libel however you seem to have no problem presenting "your facts" to the public so please do me and all our readers a favor and, what are our "links" with Reiza other than we are giving them a free forum at our website. If those are "links" we have links with Assetto Corsa, Sector3, iRacing, SMS, ISI, Codemasters, Milestone and all other major sim developers as well. So let's hear it. Are we on anybodies payroll for example? Do we get games for free to give away or sell in our shop or anything else? Back up your claim(s).

Sadly it seems SMS get no respect from many here. I just can't understand it.
People have shown their respect for the game by buying it, some even own multiple copies on multiple platforms, so wiping this under the no respect carpet by saying many you are again on thin ice accusing "many" for no apparent reason. Instead of attacking many you should be a little bit more grateful that many of these haters bought the game securing your investment.

I have no problem with Project CARS (apart from the bugs, which I am fully entitled to complain about as 2x paying customer), and you can scan through all of my posts prior to release and you might see comments about some of the WMD investors, their marketing BS and about your Head of Studio sure. I have lost all respect for him back in 2012 after putting our community and it's management through so much stress after threatening to sue us for the opinion of some (again: not many) of our users.

But I know your agenda Bram..and it stinks IMO.
Please enlighten everybody what our agenda exactly is as I am more than curious to hear another accusation from you.

FYI: We have been accused to be pro-Assetto Corsa, anti-Assetto Corsa, pro-Codemasters, anti-Codemasters, pro-iRacing, anti-iRacing, pro-Simbin, anti-Simbin, ISI haters, ISI fanboys, now obvious links with Reiza, so tell us something new please.

We have no paid ties to developers. Can you state the same @Damage Inc?

now obvious links with Reiza

Reiza is like that attractive but somewhat strange person that always sits in a somewhat lonely corner in the bar, and when you finally go and talk to him or her you find out that he or she is just what you were looking for in a person, and you somewhat feel sorry that you didn't talk to them sooner, but are very, very glad that you finally got to meet...

And not having links with Reiza would be the equivalent of then walking away without asking for his or her number. It's near impossible not to keep links with Reiza :p

Sadly it seems SMS get no respect from many here. I just can't understand it.

Lets stop with this "poor old SMS, No one is giving them any respect".We've respected them enough to part with our cash and buy their product! Some of us across more than 1 platform. We also respect them enough to use their product in organised events on an almost daily basis!

We have paid them our money, just fix the (well documented) issues which im sure they will eventually and we can all happily continue to play Project CARS.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.3%