Let's get an event started!

Kevin Ascher

#47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs
It is finally time to get iRacing started at RD!

I thought of something like a medium distance race at a nice road track with a D or C class car on Friday or Saturday evening, European time.
What do you guys think? Every suggestion will be warmly welcome.

I can pay the server, no problem

One of the reasons I like to dip in and out of iRacing is I can find races to fit my schedule because its hard for me to commit to a time. A fun race might b a good start like a banger race on something like South Boston using the Jetta or Solstice in the iRacing starter pack.

One of the reasons I like to dip in and out of iRacing is I can find races to fit my schedule because its hard for me to commit to a time.

That's basically the reason why I'm enjoying iRacing that much. I like being able to choose myself when to race what car.

But I'd be up for the occasional club race while I don't want to commit myself to a regular schedule.

These two comments are an example of precisely why I don't get how league or club racing is so popular among some sim racers. How many people who play racing games have the ability to commit to the same day and time every week for a league race? For a lot of us, real life gets in the way of our hobbies and the good thing about iRacing, as mentioned above, is that it focuses on quick and easy pick up races which is fantastic. That is what intrigues me about this sim and I cannot wait to jump in once my wheel arrives.

An online racing sim where you can hop in and race at any hour of the day without having to commit to a certain time is something I've always wanted and I suspect is the reason why iRacing continues to grow at a rapid pace.

These two comments are an example of precisely why I don't get how league or club racing is so popular among some sim racers. How many people who play racing games have the ability to commit to the same day and time every week for a league race? For a lot of us, real life gets in the way of our hobbies and the good thing about iRacing, as mentioned above, is that it focuses on quick and easy pick up races which is fantastic.

I'm trying not to go too much off-topic here, but there are different reasons why league and club racing is such popular. First of all in other sims most of the time you join a public server there is no clean racing to be found due to the public nature and no punishments in place. For clean racing you need(ed) a group of racers you know or at least feel confident of being able to race clean. That's where leagues and clubs excel and with club racing you're pretty free when to race what.
Add to the clean racing the fact that you get to know the people you race with and winning a league will mean something while having a good time. :)

Back to the club event though: what day of week would be best for iRacing club events? Any proposals? Poll?

(I'd gladly offer a $3 session for RD if I can find a timeslot to join such an event)

I am willing to chip in some bucks as well :thumb: just let me know what car and track combo we will use and as long as there is no rating* needed to participate I am in :)

(*Due to no time for iracing my rating is so low that if you would convert it to degrees Celsius it will be the temperature you can conserve chicken for like 3 years)

There are never ever ratings involved when you go for a hosted event, Bram ;)

I would love to start a new event with the upcoming Ford Falcon V8 and Phillip Island when they are out next week, would you be interested?

Does everyone agree on a long V8 session next Friday at Phillip Island?
I say let's go and start 2 hours of practice early until we go for a long qualy session and a 20-30 lap race.
Race start should be at around 21:00 - 21:30 IMO.
What do you guys think?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years