Less noisy alternative for Fanatec V3 pedals

Happy overall with my V3s but having some serious complains from my neighbor as I live in an apartment.
Pedals are well lubricated but the problem comes from the metal sound that it's produced when I release throttle and break.
The pedals then hit the metal base(see photo where plastic foam is added) and there is a really loud noise produced.

1601565606334.jpeg

I tried various solutions(plastic foam, rubber, textile) but apart the fact that they don't offer a drastic solution, it is also quite impossible that they remain in place after 1 or 2 races.

Therefore, as I have my rig parked for the moment, I am looking for less noisy alternatives.

I will appreciate having you feedback about the 'quiet' pedals you use.

Thank you.

Lol, I gotta quiet set of g29 pedals. Wanna trade??

Seriously tho, looks like you have 80/20 there? Can you invert them or maybe even just elevate them somehow?

Other than that, theres gotta be some type of impact insulation like thick carpet or rubber or something. I can see how that foam there could wear out over a short period of time.

Idk, maybe a full picture of your rig could yield better suggestions.

Upvote 0
The HE Sprints don't have an impact when released like that. I can't strictly evaluate their loudness (ask my neighbours), but they certainly don't have that design "feature", and I suspect they aren't as loud.

Also HE >> Fanatec in all other areas.

Upvote 0
I'd move house.

Seriously, I had some success dampening the sound on the G29 pedals using the loop side of some sticky Velcro.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back