Leo Bodnar SLI-F1 Display

So after stumbling on someone's post about Leo's new SLI device I put a project on hold and sent an email off into what I thought was the black hole of Internet email but imagine my surprise to see a response from Leo's team! Made me a bit giddy so I thought I'd share:

"Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your enquiry. Because of the large amount of interest with this new display, we are manufacturing quite a large number of these so we don’t run out within the first week We hopefully will have them available by the end of this month. We just need to get the software sorted finalized too.

Best Regards"

It's great to see Leo finally got some help! Communication has never been a strong point but his products were well worth it. I know where my birthday cash is going! XD

Another clue that hopefully, it won't be long before the unit gets ready for shipping :)
SLIMaxMgrII_Dev_Supported.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Anyone in the UK who can give them a call about pricing and more info?

I hope they know what they are in for when they release it haha, and I think we can expect an explosion of F1 wheels in this part of the forum as well :p

Upvote 0
I couldn't help myself... just got off the phone with I think it was John, the connection here is so terrible... Friendly chap :)

The actual enclosures are going in production, right now. It's the first time they are working with the company that is going to produce them, and we will hopefully get a press release somewhere in the next month. I told him how much anticipated this unit really is (as if they don't know, but just to be sure).

Shipping is not included in the price.

All in all, they will issue a press release and news in the months to come.

£150 for the non-enclosure version; Wow, that makes the SIM Race Classic and SIM Race T500 exceptional value for money as these are 60 Euro's including carriage !
(http://www.simdisplay.net/komponenta/SimRaceClassic)
(http://www.simdisplay.net/komponenta/SimRaceT500)

No, I'm not a salesperson for these, I'm just very, very happy (even more happy now) with the SIM Race T500 I have.
Is this used in professional simulators as well? The design also isn't as it should be if you look at the McLaren DCD, how many inputs can this have? I'm confident the price is accountable for.

For my personal project for example, I'm looking at 12 buttons, 5 tumble switches, 2 rotary encoders, and 6 rotary switches. Looking at the specs, I couldn't even place all the buttons, let alone the rest.

Upvote 0
Is this used in professional simulators as well? The design also isn't as it should be if you look at the McLaren DCD, how many inputs can this have? I'm confident the price is accountable for.

For my personal project for example, I'm looking at 12 buttons, 5 tumble switches, 2 rotary encoders, and 6 rotary switches. Looking at the specs, I couldn't even place all the buttons, let alone the rest.

Indeed, with your particular requirements the SLI Race may not be suitable and you're therefore happy to pay for Leo's offering. But how many users would actually need the facilities of Leo's board. I suspect that the SLI Race would suit the needs of many users and at the price would be a viable option for them where Leo's board may simply be unaffordable.

Upvote 0
I believe the SLI-F1 can handle up to 36 inputs, which does make it very nice for soem of the F1 wheels out there to try and come as close as possible to all the inputs there are on them. You start adding shifter paddles, clutches and all the encoders, side encoders, toggles, its surprising how fast they add up. I have been limited with the number of inputs on the SLI-Pro on some of the wheel i do. The F1 has been designed from the original that is in some of the real cars.

Upvote 0
I specifically asked if they based it off of the technical drawings of the real part, and they confirmed that it is so. This is really all I expected but atleast now it's a confirmed fact and not just a hunch.

Sadly we don't have specifications yet, but 36 sounds good, I also hope that we will also be able to use more external leds than 5 :)

With this good news btw, I actually sent a positive version of a mold design off to be milled out of MDF just this evening. Think some other people have put their projects on hold as well just to wait for this unit to be released.

edit:
how's the fishing going? ;)

Upvote 0
Despite a horrible phone connection, wtf 2012, I have some more info on the SLI-F1.

They really want it to be out there as much as we do, only there are still software issues which they need to resolve first before release. They obviously want support for this unit as best as possible on release so that's holding them back unfortunately. John didn't speak of the issue with the cases anymore, so I think they are on track when it comes to production.

I carefully mentioned February as a possible release date, which he laughed at and hoped it was sooner :p Although I hope so too, I think it's realistic. I'm not expecting anything before Christmas myself.

edit:
He also mentioned they opened the forums again, so any news might be posted there first!
Apologies to people who just had a mini-heart attack ;)

Upvote 0
Hello, Guys I wanna ask you. I'm thinking about buying Roso Wheel, but I saw, that he will use for it now SLI-F1 display. This is no problem for me, but I was looking and I read, that is not software not yet. I mean script like from Desty. Without that it's not possible use rotary encoders, am I right? Can someone tell me about that? I was thinking about buying SLI-PRO display, but it's 100 euro and wheel will be more expensive and it's not necesary for me... but I'd like to have fully working SLI-F1 display. Thanks for advices and info.

Upvote 0
Couple of things:

- the SLI-F1 isn't released yet
- SLI-Max manager II will probably work with it
- the SLI-F1 will be probably set you back £200,-

The main thing is it isnt released yet, yes. But it already is supported in ek software:

SLIMAx Manager II v2.2.2 changelog 2012-10-15:

[NOTE]- SLI-F1 device is now supported by SLIMax Manager II

And true, with housing it will be 200 £ + shipping so 215 £, pay that through paypalaccount with € and you got 250€.Do it in $ and you got serious!!! 400$ !!!:confused:
Pretty damn much i have to say even more cause there will be soon another simdisplay out wich is also F1 style but priced muuuch less.
Im not sure how bodnars f1 can be involved in a custom wheel project or Mod like i do. Its really just too expensive.

Greets Modmate

Reactions: Tom
Upvote 0
And what about Desty scripts? Is it support SLI-F1 too? I mean using rotary encoders for changing fuel mix, tyres, and so on.. One guy told me, that Desty script doesn't support encoders. So, I'm little bit confused. Can any one tell me how's that? :) Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years