Leo Bodnar G25 Pedal Adaptor Cable - Possible problem?

Warren Dawes

Premium
More hardware confusion for me. :rolleyes:

I have just received my new Leo Bodnar G25 adaptor cable to allow direct connection of the Pedals to USB. I had been advised that this would help improve sensitivity among other benefits.
It's this one:
http://leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/

However, something seems strange. :confused:
I plugged the pedals into the new cable, connected the USB to my PC, all seems to load ok, but when I go into the calibration screen, I find that the Accelerator is reversed compared to the Brake and Clutch. The Accelerator is at full travel without any movement, and goes to nil reading when fully depressed. The Brake and Clutch work as expected.

Has it been wired wrong??? I received no additional instructions or software with the cable, and I can't see anything at the Leo Bodnar website to advise if I have to do anything special with the setup.

Looking for more help, please.

I don't think so Krister, but here is a screenshot.

Is there supposed to be a Driver to use with this cable? All I received was the cable???

Attachments

• Device Manager Screen.JPG
    Device Manager Screen.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,375
Upvote 0
With the wheel disconnected and you still having issues, this would indicate that the USB cable or the Leo Bodnar device board is faulty. But just to be clear, you have tried to connect the cable in other USB ports on your system, right? Is it possible that one or more of your ports is USB 1.1 instead of USB 2.0? Not sure what the Leo Bodnar stuff requires, but most items now a days require at least the USB 2.0 ports to function correctly.

As to why you would uninstall your software, that would be called troubleshooting. As I mentioned, it was a possibility that there was a conflict for what ever reason on your system with the software and by uninstalling and then installing only the Leo Bodnar software, it would eliminate that as a possibility.

But anyways, it definately looks like there is an issue that their support needs to address. I hope they respond quickly and you get a resolution soon.

Upvote 0
But just to be clear, you have tried to connect the cable in other USB ports on your system, right? Is it possible that one or more of your ports is USB 1.1 instead of USB 2.0? Not sure what the Leo Bodnar stuff requires, but most items now a days require at least the USB 2.0 ports to function correctly.

Yes, I have tried it in 6 different USB slots in my Win 7 PC (including a couple of USB 3.0 slots). Also tried it in 4 different USB slots on my Win XP PC.

Upvote 0
Sigh!!! Still no response, so I guess I have no choice but to try to lodge a dispute via Paypal. :frown:
Not what I want though, I'd be happy to get a replacement, but I'm not ordering another one in hope, based on this level of customer support.

Upvote 0
Warren, is the x axis reversed in the Windows game controller menu? If so that's exactly what my G25 and G27 pedals have done and it works completely fine. I think I had to reverse it in RBR but that's pretty easy to do.

Upvote 0
Yes. maybe it is ok then, but I still can't get the Leo Bodnar Calibration Utility to work, and the deadzones seem wonky. I need to remove some deadzones. Is there another software that will do it for me?

I usually just calibrate it in the Windows game controllers section, seems to work ok. If not, I would link you to DIView but I don't have it and cant find a link, as the one on Bodnar's site doesn't work. There are a few other's mentioned in this thread though which may help.

Upvote 0
I just got mine today and initially same issue with the pedals not detected when running the Calibration-DFP-G25.exe software but I was running an older version. Try to download it again and check that the File Version is 1.2.0.0. You can check by right clicking the file and then clicking Properties, then Details tab.

The newer version worked for me. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I got this cable working on the DFGT peddles, but has not made any great improvement can the DIVIEW software be tweaked to get bit more response. Also should I remove the logitech profile or will it kill the wheel, In Simbin games have peddle set 0% ?

Upvote 0
All i did was plug them in and use the calibration software from Leo Bodnar you dont need to touch the logitech profiler after this for your pedals, but you do need it for your wheel so dont delete it

Upvote 0
@Rupe Wilson

Just what I was thinking, but strange it sometimes shows the wheel movement in the software, have found second or two on the track but that's about it. Well at least I'm ready when I can get hold of new set of peddles

Upvote 0
Hello
i use the leo bodnar cable on my G27 pedals it was working at perfection , but from a week the signal délivered by the three pedals is very erratic especialy accélerator is up and down to 50% course ,,, when i try the leo driver, thar not fix my problem.
i have also DXtweax2 but all the config was working properly before .

any suggestion?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back