Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Fernando Deutsch, Dec 8, 2018 at 19:23.

1. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +371
  2. mteam

mteam

Ratings:
    +3
    If you look in computech section jeremy ford has done a video review

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    Yep I have one, had an OR CV1 prior, gets bugger all use again as I've found myself going back to 3d vision 2 for clarity just like the first time round. It does what it's supposed to but I just can't put up with the image quality, or lack of.
    Oh and keep in mind the videos you see on YouTube are not true representations of what you will actually see in the hmd. If you are coming from 2d you will think it's fantastic, if you have experienced Nvidia 3d vision 2 with 100% separation and correctly set convergence then it will IMO be not so great. The immersion is great but image still has some way to go.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 22:30
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +371
    Thanks for the input and warning about the image quality.

Nvidia 3d vision 2 is just stereoscopic view on plain monitor, no head tracking. I have played before with Nvidia 3d and while looks interesting I am more interested on the full VR experience, even with the current deficiencies.

For those interested, currently at B&H at 99.99, just the headset NO motion controllers included

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...0a20001ww_explorer_mixed_reality_headset.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.