LeMans (Circuit De La Sarthe) Time Attack

E

exoticcar2009

• exoticcar2009

Around 0:25min and 0:51min for the first two, braking point for the second chicane is roughly 1:57min I think, between Indy and Arnage it's in the 3:30min range...

The original car.ini bottoms out a lot and can cost you some time, but it also has higher cornering potential due to the unrealistically low CoG height and is a bit more stable under braking - that explains the difference in laptimes for the most part.

edit: I drove another lap, to get more than just guesses on the sector times - also, because the last lap wasn't that good to be honest:

So, that's a 4:48.403min now (the replay analyzer tool shows a difference of 1/1000th of a second, but that's because it reads the time lines a little bit differently):

ah, a replay - yes, that would be cool! I seem to have not gotten this car right. If I brake to higher speeds on my breaking points, I get nothing except understeer. If I do not stay on the road, I take off another 10s, but that'd be cheating :(

I really hate this track lol. The real track is great but this one is really bumpy and doesn't seem very accurate.. hmm, maybe I'm wrong, but it's my opinion lol

I finally managed a 4:51:541 ... but not clutching when using the H-shifter just destroys the gearbox and clutch ;)

About the intermediate times:
1st: around 25s - yep
2nd: around 51s - yep
but on the others I'm mostly concerned about steering in and out correctly. I know you can lose much time on the long turns short before the end... should try to neither accelerate nor decelerate at ~150kph.

Find my replay at www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~sthu-mtr/computerkunst/racer-free-car-simulation/LM_4_51_541.7z

Attachments

• screenshot004.jpg
    screenshot004.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 235

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%