Legends Cars Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
legends_logo_853.jpg

All - as you've seen, Ben is doing a Porsche series, which will be running alternate Wednesdays.

The Wednesdays in between Ben's events, I'll be running Legends Cars sprint evenings.

Short, simple races for - let's face it - short simple cars.

Download Legends Cars Mod

This is intended for some of the people who we've seen asking for slower, simpler cars, or for people who simply want to try rFactor out without wrestling with some über-powered brute. These cars are still pretty fast, they're simple, they're well matched, a lot of the set up is locked off so they aren't bewildering and, once you get your head around how they handle (which will take about 2 or 3 laps at most), good fun to race.

They can bite you if you start taking liberties, so they aren't completely fool proof and "my first racing car", but - and this is important - they give you ample warning if things start to go pear shaped, give you enough time to try and sort it out, and they respond well to corrective measures.

They won't slam you into a wall, and leave you sitting there thinking "What the hell happened there?". If you do end up in a twisted lump of scrap metal and concrete rubble, you will always know why.

Each evening will have 2 races, 1 race each on 2 different tracks.

Practice will be about 20-25 mins (depending on the track length). The tracks will generally not be the GP length layouts, but the Intermediate / Club / National sort of layouts, which have been ignored because the high powered cars don't work so well on them

Quali will be quite short - about 10 mins max, so we get a nice mixed grid

Races will again be 20-25 mins depending on the track length.

Personal skins aren't just allowed, they are positively encouraged. They are dead simple, 1 or 2 simple skin files and 1 *.veh file required. A good skin can be produced in a few minutes, and all instructions are included in the template download, and looking at one of the many included skins will provide you with ideas and how to pull it together.

Download the Legends Cars Skin Templates

Please use this thread to upload skins, including the number of your car, little screenshots would be cool too.

I'm using #55, I'll upload my skin later today.

Here's my skin - took literally 30 mins from start to finish.

Dead easy, and makes the races more personal.

Upload yours here for use in the Legends Cars series.

Our first event will be a sort of sprint / feature affair round Northampton/Silverstone.

A 20 lapper round the National, followed by a 20 lapper round the International.

Attachments

• 551.jpg
    551.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 552.jpg
    552.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 553.jpg
    553.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 240
Awesome: the return on the legend cars!! Had one of my best races in rFactor with these cars! A superiour Ingemar Petersson whipped all our butts on Joesville!

THanks Stu this is great news, count me in :)

Edit: oops i am posting in the skins thread, sorry

No problem mate :good:

This series is/was primarily aimed at the newer / less experienced / more interested in simple, close racing irrespective of overall speed type of user, but good racing is good racing - you've had some great nights in the GTL world with us in slower cars to know just how good simple racing can be.

The fact that I've only seen experienced drivers signing up so far is a stamp of quality for this mod IMO, but one I hope that isn't scaring off the people this is aimed at.

For those of you who want to race in some slower, simpler cars - sign up and see what all the fuss is about. I'm completely new to all this - so I'll be dead last, you simply won't get battered in these races.

I'll be trying to do race nights comprising a shorter first, longer second type of race (sprint / feature) similar to the event in the Racing Club now. See here

They have always been really good events in the GTL world, because learning the short course means you are also learning 60% of the longer course.

rF has some cracking tracks with multiple layouts that we can use for these events.

There's no scheduled test Kevin, although I might do a quick one tomorrow night if Ben doesn't throw an event up between now and then.

I was saying that the all Legends Cars nights will follow a sprint/feature event schedule. I didn't make that particularly clear, I know.

I was aware of the fact there was no test scheduled at all times and also aware of your announcement that all LC events will be held using that sprint/feature schedule. So I didn't hope for an official event but just for a server where I might meet the one or the other LC racer..

;)

Well, if I don't hear anything, I'll do a Test event tomorrow, all defaults, really simple, nothing serious for people to try it out, and just take it down when other events are on that server, and bring it back up after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%