Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Leg_Flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Mod: Legends Cars (download)
Track: Mills Sprint / GP (default tracks)
Day/Night: 16.00
Event start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Warmup: 5 min
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only for the test night

Entrylist:
No an active entry list. This is just a Test night / Drop-in and drive night.

Ingemar & I had a nice little practice, Goran tried but had terrain file issues (which is weird on a default track).

Ingemar sent me his setup, which was 0.6 sec quicker than me at the time, and it had a couple of camber and toe differences to mine, I added those in to my setup, and they definitely helped, and I went about a sec quicker. Then I told Ingemar what I read in the Legends manual, to try putting the weight back from 49:51 to 48:52, (which doesn't sound much, but makes a hell of a difference), and he went 0.7 sec quicker than me :D. He agreed that even that slight weight change really planted the rear. It introduces some slight, but eminently manageable understeer, but I suppose that is more in comparison to the rampant overtseer the Legends cars normally have.

According to the mod notes, the mod makers seem to suggest that you get a base setup of toe, camber & steering that you like, and then you only need to adjust the fore/aft weight distribution and gearing to handle pretty much any road course (ovals are a slightly different matter). That's how I'm going to roll in the series anyway. :D

I'll put the testing server back up tonight after the GTL event.

Ingemar & I had a nice little practice, Goran tried but had terrain file issues (which is weird on a default track).

Ingemar sent me his setup, which was 0.6 sec quicker than me at the time, and it had a couple of camber and toe differences to mine, I added those in to my setup, and they definitely helped, and I went about a sec quicker. Then I told Ingemar what I read in the Legends manual, to try putting the weight back from 49:51 to 48:52, (which doesn't sound much, but makes a hell of a difference), and he went 0.7 sec quicker than me :D. He agreed that even that slight weight change really planted the rear. It introduces some slight, but eminently manageable understeer, but I suppose that is more in comparison to the rampant overtseer the Legends cars normally have.

According to the mod notes, the mod makers seem to suggest that you get a base setup of toe, camber & steering that you like, and then you only need to adjust the fore/aft weight distribution and gearing to handle pretty much any road course (ovals are a slightly different matter). That's how I'm going to roll in the series anyway. :D

I'll put the testing server back up tonight after the GTL event.

What laptimes did you guys drive?
Would like to compare them to mine..

Honestly can't remember, mate.

Just for future ref though, I'm not big on laptime discussions anyway before an event - I'd prefer it to be what people do on the night rather than what the best they did was in offline practice.

I'm sure you'll be nearer Ingemar's time than mine. :D

Honestly can't remember, mate.

Just for future ref though, I'm not big on laptime discussions anyway before an event - I'd prefer it to be what people do on the night rather than what the best they did was in offline practice.

I'm sure you'll be nearer Ingemar's time than mine. :D

Okay, okay I appreciate that.
Just didn't know you managed it that way ;)

Don't worry - it was just a really late notice informal test, just to make sure there were no wrinkles I needed to know about ahead of the "proper" events.

The first "real" event is Wednesday 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 225 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 156 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years