Legendary Zandvoort back on F1 calendar?!

Whether you love DRS or not it does allow the F1 cars to pass on tracks that would normally find it very tough.

I don't think people have a problem with DRS itself but the implementation. The goal of DRS was to bring the cars closer together in the breaking zone but instead it the zones are way too long which means cars can pass each other with DRS alone instead of sill requiring to make the overtake work in the breaking zone.

Having said that though, Liberty Media did say they wanted to try and bring more traditional venues back and I applaud them for trying if nothing else.

They may well say that but they still only car about the bottom line and don't seem, at least from the outside, to be too eager keeping Silverstone on the calendar and very eager to get tracks like Hanoi and Miami which would be terrible for the heritage of the sport.

Zandvoort is back on the F1 calendar. 2020 first race
3 year contract with an option for 2x1 year extra.

It will be "celebrated" during the upcoming Jumbo Racing Days in Zandvoort (17-19 May). And a press moment on Tuesday (10AM CET)

Oohh and NS Dutch Railroads already complaint about the lack of capacity to transport that many people to the dunes. So Bram start walking ;)

Last edited:
Nice to see a traditional track coming back but I fear that the FIA will kill it with their safety concerns.
Byebye sand dunes, hello parking lot.

Are parts of the old Zandvoort layout still available?
Would make more sense for me to update these parts and return to the old layout for F1, seems much more fluent.

Edit: damn, just read that there is a Golf course now. [facepalm]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back