Left Side Steering

to clear things up: you have a jaguar, which is right hand drive.
now you want to make a custom skin, but the skin should be left hand drive?

if that is the case: it wont work. the camera+driver models aswell as the cockpit must be changed to make that possible, which means you need to change the .gmt files for the cockpit, the .cas file (for the cockpit to display ingame) and the .inccar file (for driver position, camera etc.). that wont work with a custom skin, this is only possible with a complete new car. or you mod the existing one, resulting in online mismatches with the car.

greetings,
Neteye

to clear things up: you have a jaguar, which is right hand drive.
now you want to make a custom skin, but the skin should be left hand drive?

if that is the case: it wont work. the camera+driver models aswell as the cockpit must be changed to make that possible, which means you need to change the .gmt files for the cockpit, the .cas file (for the cockpit to display ingame) and the .inccar file (for driver position, camera etc.). that wont work with a custom skin, this is only possible with a complete new car. or you mod the existing one, resulting in online mismatches with the car.

greetings,
Neteye

Thank you for your answer.
I can see in the existing car files what you mean. Though I have the templates for left & right and the car already exist as left and right side steering it won't help, right ?
So you can't write the parameters for left side steering in a ini file. The car by the way is from the GTL mod converted from GTL Legends. About the online mismatch is no problem. I only drive this car with my son (LAN).

I don't know the mod, but do you can change Left-side / Right-side Steering of the Jaguar with a changed genstring?

Ok, you mentioned the genstring looks like this "GenString=122231" and maybe it is one of these parameters. But even if the first parameter would be the right number to change the steering side, i'm afraid this wouldn't work with CustomSkins.
In the CustomSkin-Ini you can set a parameter "wheelcolor=" which changes the first parameter of the genstring. In most cases this is the Rim color or the Tire brand.

I think, the best way to do it, is just to make a complete copy of the car with an edited CAS-file and new INCCAR-file for Left side steering. Then you have 2 independent car models ingame. One with right side steering, one with left side steering.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 13.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.4%