Left foot braking

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Sometimes i follow faster racers with camera in the game. The hotshots always use left foot braking into corners where others lift off throttle a bit. The "brakers" accelerate faster and have more stable lines in corners.
Can someone explain how much brake you use with this technic. Is it a slight tap or more?

actually i brake before corner as much as possible with left foot (not fully push, but as much until car is not locking), during that still touch of accelerator as well (never lift off totally, this is maybe 10-20% of the pedal way), then during corner as much and as early acceleration as the corner allows, and still until the 1/3- half of the corner i am still braking approx 10-20% as well. This way my car is very stable at the entrance of the corner, and also very fast acceleration out, the engine rpm do not drop as much.

• Henrik Stoldt

i'm braking with the left foot, but i always lift the right one then. if you brake+accelerate at the same time every engine would break down :)

I touch my accelerator too when I enter a corner for braking.

At first I release my accelerator and just brake as much as needed/allowed adn then into teh corner I start using the accelerator again slightly, even when I'm still braking to get the car stabilised.

Maybe that's what caused my screwdriver icon to go ornage after a while, lol :D

• Kubica

Before the corner i brake full power (my brake setting is almost always 100% and 52-48) as i come closer to the corner i lift the brake a little so i will not have a locked wheel when i turn. when i turn in most times i can tuch the trottle a little, i shift one gear to prevent the front wheels to spin too much and push the trottle full.

• Peter Meijer

Usually i break before the corner and when i'm comer near the corner i release my foot of the pedal and let my car roll trought the corner :) But in some corners on curitiba it's great to have locked wheels and just let the car slip into the corner and then let it roll trought the corner :)

those pros

evonglan said:
interesting reading in this thread. Me, i just try to get the car into the corner in one piece and then out at the other side with most of the moving parts still intact. Oh yes, and a quick prayer from time to time will seal the deal. [-o<

Mega LOL evonglan!

Thanks for it, finally at this day i can also smile a bit... :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%