Left foot braking?

L

lound2

• lound2

Just curious, with auto clutch do most people use left foot to brake? I've resisted up to now so my feet don't get confused when i drive manual car in rl.
How much advantage is there to using left?

I have a Momo and alway use my left foot for braking. That gives me the oportunity to play with the throttle to keep the revs in sync while donwshifting or to balance the car inside the corner.

Regarding RL - from time to time I use my left foot just for fun and to get the feel. Then I have to step over to the clutch pedal or make sure to have neutral in before breaking. If I had a auto tramsmision I would definitely use my left foot in RL too - just because it's way cooler ;)

I have a g25 and i use manual clutch (for the start) and left foot braking. I played a long time with the right foot at GTR 2 and after at Race 07. But one day, during a little "hotlap challenge" with mister Attila Domjan on Zandvoort ( if i remember well, it was on Nogrip...), i have discovered after analysis of a replay of the sir, which he braked down and throttled at the same time to spend certain bends. Of the blow I said to myself that the only means to become faster, it was to learn this technique. It was hard at the beginning to find a good sensibility of the left foot, but now I can more drive otherwise, especially for the GT, that helps enormously to stabilize the car during the brakings and huge throttling.

Been left foot braking since i got the g25, recently been trying the same technique in my automatic volvo 850 lol (it's quite nice messing with folks who expect volvo estates to be slow :) Going karting soon so I'm sure I'll will be practicing some more...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back