Left foot braking?

L

lound2

• lound2

Just curious, with auto clutch do most people use left foot to brake? I've resisted up to now so my feet don't get confused when i drive manual car in rl.
How much advantage is there to using left?

• Matt Crouch

I brake with my left foot but I very rarely 'left-foot brake'

Only once managed to accidentally brake with my left foot in a real car when moving off (as I always use the clutch for starting anyway in evo and then move over to the brake). Weird how much harder I push the brake with my left foot as well as it was a big jolt forward... :D

I think left foot braking tends to be more useful on certain cars, tracks and corners than others, and you need the right setup to be effective. Other than that, braking with the left foot is quite a bit quicker (and quieter) than moving my foot over...

Left foot braking and auto clutch (though I have a G25, am always considering switching auto clutch off, I am just sure I will screw up at least one race, therefore I did not try it)

And no probem switching between real life and my racer life (would never go on a racing track in real life, would be scared to death to break the car :) ).

i use both. when i`m using auto clutch i left foot brake as its quicker than transferring you right foot across. So in my mind a left foot "braker" will be able to get onto the brakes quicker than a right foot "braker".
However, when i`m in the caterham, i always have the auto clutch off and therefore use a combination of heel and toe and left foot braking depending on what situation i`m in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%