Left 4 Dead 2

I understand Left 4 Dead 2 was relased today. I am hoping to get it soon.

So what do you all think of it?

I had it on Tuesday, as did everyone else that pre-ordered it on Steam.

Bearing in mind I only ever played the original L4D briefly on my crossbox, I have been eagerly awaiting this game. I've spent the last year hearing my friends on TS play it and been torn whether to get the original but the imminent release of the sequel made me wait.

So having waited a while to join in the zombie bashing I was well pumped up when the game unlocked on Tuesday. My first impressions are: It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. After purchasing a couple of lame duck games this year (Rise of Flight being the one I regret the most) I was rewarded with this little gem. My PC is about 3 years old now and this game still plays as smooth as velvet with medium to high settings. The palpable sense of panic when the special infected launch their attacks is amazing and all the better played with friends on TS. I can't recommend this game enough to anyone with even a modicum of interest in FPS games or anyone who loves zombie films.

The new special infected are hilarious as well as being well thought out, in terms of gameplay. I still don't know whether to shoot the Jockey or just pee myself as it rides my mates away whilst trying to remove their head. I've not yet and nor do I see myself ever getting bored of lashing out at a zombie clown to make his nose honk. The levels are very well designed and whilst there is a certain element of repetitiveness in them, the randomness of the zombies coupled to some alternative pathways make it different every time. So far I've only played the Campaign mode so I can't comment on the Versus or Scavenger modes yet.

It's cunningly difficult, even on easy and the challenge of knocking the difficulty up another level will bring me back to this again and again. All in all I'd say it's more than delivered on the hype. With free DLC just being released for the original L4D, Valve have not ripped everyone off as was initially felt by the community after the announcement of the sequel. Hopefully we can look forward to some more extras in the future. My rating 9 out of 10.

AK47+Chainsaw+Zombie Horde=Zombie Mulching Joy!

And another, just because I can.

Frying Pan+Zombie Head-Zombie Head=A cheeky little smile every time you hear the BOOOOOOOOONG!

i bought it, dont know what to make of it in the back of my mind im thinking should i have really chosen this over Assasins Creed 2 because all the levels are open on L4D2 so there's nothing to work towards

i bought it, dont know what to make of it in the back of my mind im thinking should i have really chosen this over Assasins Creed 2 because all the levels are open on L4D2 so there's nothing to work towards

Just take a look at the list of achievements if you want a specific thing to work towards - all campaigns on expert isn't going to be easy :p

L4D2 is more about playing through with mates and having fun rather than completing specific things to unlock new levels. Try to complete everything on advanced, should be a bit of a challenge and gives you a target. Other than that just try the other game mods out - survival has specific time targets to work towards.

Just take a look at the list of achievements if you want a specific thing to work towards - all campaigns on expert isn't going to be easy :p

L4D2 is more about playing through with mates and having fun rather than completing specific things to unlock new levels. Try to complete everything on advanced, should be a bit of a challenge and gives you a target. Other than that just try the other game mods out - survival has specific time targets to work towards.

Telling you now Survival isnt easy.

I played a little Versus last night with a few mates and it was hilarious. Playing as the infected is one of the funniest things I've ever done in an FPS. I dare anyone to spawn in as a Jockey and ride someone to their doom without giggling just like the little fella.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%