What a load of crap. Yes I'm dane and I root for Mag, but I don't defend his mistakes. Mag moved once and is allowed to, Leclerc was sleeping. Yes, in hinsight Mag could have been patient and it was a late call, but he did not change line twice and they were not in the brakingzone. If the judges would have come to the conclusion that Mag was infact at fault, they'd penalize him even though he had to retire. Obviously they classified it as a racing incident.
Second,'all drivers'? Join the choir that Alonso started. Magnussen has taking his penalties heads up most of the time, unlike others (if they even get it, being a F1 star).

Which brings thought, that so many vote for Mag at fault, without commenting on why. It seems a very emotional voting upon the popularity Leclerc has gained, which is totally deserved.

It's one move yes. However, it's a reactionary move, which is utterly dangerous. There is rules to cover that stuff, but something the FIA seems unable to actually enforce.

I have a feeling it will only get worse, until someone gets killed due to rules being ignored, again.

It's one move yes. However, it's a reactionary move, which is utterly dangerous. There is rules to cover that stuff, but something the FIA seems unable to actually enforce.

I have a feeling it will only get worse, until someone gets killed due to rules being ignored, again.

The rule says:
27.7 Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full
width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting
to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track
without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is
alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’

The issue is how drivers, teams and certainly also spectators perceive these. The stewards usually do their job right, when judging a normal incident. Their issue is, as soon as it is a high profile team in the spot, they seem to not dare take side with any of them and just call raceincident every time, reprimande the driver at most. One could just imagine if FIA decided which title-team gets an advantage, right?

@HK2014 , I'm curious to know why you disagree with me disagreeing with Steinar? You actually agree that Mag changed line twice and that 'all drivers hate Mag'?
Steinar even argues, that the TV cameras doesn't follow what the drivers do. No, but the stewards look thru onboards, be sure about that. Nothing is taken out of thin air that "probably happened".

Last edited:
Right there:
"I don't understand why he hasn't been penalised today. I need to understand because if that's possible then I'll do that next time and I will also expect a driver to do that."

Well, I can only imagine what he has to say about his team mate Ericsson who also crashed in the back of his car.

What I can't imagine is what is Ericsson still doing in F1.

We are losing Ocon but keeping Ericsson.

Well, I can only imagine what he has to say about his team mate Ericsson who also crashed in the back of his car.

What I can't imagine is what is Ericsson still doing in F1.

We are losing Ocon but keeping Ericsson.
But, we are losing Ericsson... sauber will have Kimi and Gio next year

Will you post everytime someone disagrees with you ? do you seek revenge somehow ? we can't disagree with you ?
You said you root for kmag but still you don't admit being biaised.. this is obvious when you even said "leclerc was sleeping"
Seriously... Kmag did a very stupid and dangerous move and all you can say is that leclerc was sleeping ? do i really need to explain more why am i disagreeing with you ?

Here is a statement from Charlie Whiting regarding what happened. Clearly it was a racing incident. But If anyone is to blame its Leclerc IMO. He is the one coming from behind and should have simply braked instead of trying the other way around when Kevin closed the door. But maybe he was frustrated because Kevin overtook him on the outside of 130R.

MAGNUSSEN-LECLERC CLASH ‘UNFORTUNATE’

Kevin Magnussen was forced to retire from the race early on following contact with Charles Leclerc as the two battled for 12th position. Leclerc’s front wing touched the rear of Magnussen’s car after the Haas driver tried to dive past into Turn 1, resulting in contact.

Leclerc called Magnussen “stupid” for making a “dangerous” move, but Whiting revealed after the race that the stewards saw both drivers tried to change position at almost exactly the same time, resulting in the incident. No action was taken for it.

“It was in two bits as you know, on the straight and then in the corner. He got the puncture in the first one,” Whiting said.

“If you analyse it very, very carefully, what you see is two cars coming down with Kevin not moving, and then Charles catches, catches, catches, he decides to go to the right, and at exactly the same time, on the video, one frame, there’s one frame difference, then Kevin moves.

“I think it’s impossible to say that Kevin blocked him, it was just he made the decision that he was going to go right, fractionally after Charles had. You had to look at it quite a few times and analyse it in little detail to see that, but I think that it’s just unfortunate, and that’s what the stewards felt.”

“If you analyse it very, very carefully, what you see is two cars coming down with Kevin not moving, and then Charles catches, catches, catches, he decides to go to the right, and at exactly the same time, on the video, one frame, there’s one frame difference, then Kevin moves.

One frame Charlie?!? One frame? :O_o:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...stupid'-magnussen.2ll93icC4IQmsQ4M6QcucI.html

Watch the video and judge by yourself. For me, it's almost one second.
Magnussen it's a dangerous driver.

Will you post everytime someone disagrees with you ? do you seek revenge somehow ? we can't disagree with you ?
You said you root for kmag but still you don't admit being biaised.. this is obvious when you even said "leclerc was sleeping"
Seriously... Kmag did a very stupid and dangerous move and all you can say is that leclerc was sleeping ? do i really need to explain more why am i disagreeing with you ?

I'm sorry to see this is your answer to a disagreement, I hoped for a genuine and objective reply. Yes, I used the word 'sleeping', and as Charles said later on after calming down, he will expect such behavior in the future, which he should at all times. I wish Charles all the best in the future and with Ferrari, I'm glad Ferrari finally pulled together and went with a shooting star instead of a former world champion again.
If you read my arguements, I'm with the stewards here, not Charles, not Magnussen. And, I think it is interesting to see the mass-voting going on Magnussen due, to me, emotions rather than sense and actual rules of racing. On social media people says lines were changed twice, was in the braking zone, all kinds of interpretations of what happened. Like the stewards were complete morrons. Even seen someone commenting "Yeah, one of the stewards is Tom K., he is dane so he saved Magnussen", completely serious comment and it's complete bs.
I'm interested in this due to the online racing community and the ongoing schooling of drivers on RD, rookies as experienced. It has absolutely nothing to do with I can't take a disagreement or revenge, please come on, really?

"think it is interesting to see the mass-voting going on Magnussen due, to me, emotions"
I believe people are annoyed that Magnussen is still doing those moves after all those years and FIA doesn't do **** about it.
About this incident and after reading what was said above, OK maybe it could be a racing incident, but it doesn't forgive all the **** magnussen has pulled from the past.

"It has absolutely nothing to do with I can't take a disagreement or revenge, please come on, really?"
Well why are you publicly displaying people who disagree with you then ? Looks like you don't accept other's opinion

One frame Charlie?!? One frame? :O_o:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...stupid'-magnussen.2ll93icC4IQmsQ4M6QcucI.html

To comment on this, in retrospect to my earlier comments, Charlie's comment scores a goal in his own net. I'm baffled that he uses frames as arguements, completely ignoring rules of racing, or 'code' as refered to in F1 sporting regulations. His comment is completely irrelevant to what actually happened, I highly doubt that he is speaking the stewards word here. Now I really want a steward to come forward and say what they based their decision on :)

"think it is interesting to see the mass-voting going on Magnussen due, to me, emotions"
I believe people are annoyed that Magnussen is still doing those moves after all those years and FIA doesn't do **** about it.
About this incident and after reading what was said above, OK maybe it could be a racing incident, but it doesn't forgive all the **** magnussen has pulled from the past.

"It has absolutely nothing to do with I can't take a disagreement or revenge, please come on, really?"
Well why are you publicly displaying people who disagree with you then ? Looks like you don't accept other's opinion

I do accept opinions, with valid arguements. I had arguements to why I initially called crap at Steinars opinion, I just ask the same. In my case, yes, I have a reaaaaally hard time going with the mass-vote that Magnussen was at fault, and I think it's a problem when looking at the incident completely objective. I think the stewards, in this case, were 100% right in calling race incident. Yes, hands down, I'm drilling in peoples understanding of racing rules and facts. I'll leave it soon enough :)

I don't get why some people are defending Mag because he moved once and not twice. The problem isn't the number of moves made, but the timing. The rules states that you cannot move after the car behind has made the move. Leclerc clearly moves to the right and almost a second laster Mag tries to defend. Even if he moves 5ms (again, we talk about more than half a second in this case) after Leclerc has made his, he is still at fault, cause Mag wanted to wait until the end to defend and that's a risk he was willing to run. That's a clear penalty, easy.
And again to those saying the stewards are right: we've seen multiple times that the stewards in F1 are not reliable, with penalties that differs based on the driver committing the infraction. So whatever is the decision chosen by the stewards, it's not necessarily the correct one.

Charles will be thinking "can't wait till i get my Ferrari "
Then he can crash into the back of a much higher calibre of driver. :roflmao:

1 second isn't exactly a lot of time. The brain needs a large chunk of that second to process what's happening and also react. Most drivers try to predict what's going to happen rather than react, because there's simply not enough time for your brain/body to react to things happening at that speed. It's easy to judge while watching slowed down replays after the fact. There's probably none of us that would have been able to react or avoid that accident any better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back