Learning to drive (Imola & Tatuus 1:46)

Hi!,
I'm pretty new on driving simulator. My prefered game is Assetto Corsa, and the Imola track with the Tatuus car. I did hundreds of laps, but I can't go fast than 1:47,50.
Could someone put a replay with 1:46 or 1:45 time?
Better times are not useful for me, just need to see someone doing 1 or 2 seconds better than me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Intrepido,

It may be the lines you take, it may partly be setup.
Getting the first chicane (Tamburello?) and the last chicane (Variante Alta?) correct will gain you laptime.
Not sure if you can get 1.45 with the default setup or not, mine is different (6/4 wings etc) and I've done a 1:43.760 with it (see RSR)

There is a regular server running Imola/Tatuus that has some quicker drivers on it sometimes, might be worth joining it then riding around in the cockpit with someone.
Are you online tonight? I have a server i sometimes put up in the evenings. I can change the combo to Imola/Tatuus if you like?
It'll probably be online 18:00-22:00 UK time. Name is Blimp1

I would leave it on all the time but the wife says no!

Hi Colonel_Blimp!
Thanks for your answer. I have some setups for the Tatuus on Imola, not the default. I know that server and I drive often there.
My name in game is "Jose Luis Alcaraz".
Can I get in the cockpit with another player??!! ...I Dont know how to do that.

It would be fantastic if you can set the server and teach me a bit! :D

When you're in the pits main menu click the steering wheel to get in your car, but do not drive out. While in your car press Ctrl+1 (on the numberpad) and it will cycle you into the other cars on the track (every time you press Ctrl+1 you switch to a different car). You should be able to see their speeds, gears, and pedal inputs if you have those apps up on your screen.

Hi Colonel_Blimp!
Thanks for your answer. I have some setups for the Tatuus on Imola, not the default. I know that server and I drive often there.
My name in game is "Jose Luis Alcaraz".

It would be fantastic if you can set the server and teach me a bit! :D

Ahh, Jose! I have seen you on there many times. I've probably crashed into you as well!
Futaba, Dienamic, Atavus etc are all pretty quick with that combo on there.

If I want to ride with someone, I just click on their name on the timing board when I'm in the pits.

Hopefully will see you this evening. :)

If I want to ride with someone, I just click on their name on the timing board when I'm in the pits.

If you do it that way though you can't see any of the telemetry. By using the Ctrl+1 method from inside your car that I posted above you can see what gears they're using in certain turns, what speeds they're reaching, and what kind of pedal inputs they're giving which is much more informative if you're trying to learn how they're attacking the track. :thumbsup:

Thanks Brandon, I didn't know that.
I usually do it to see the lines others are taking but I can see the extra info would be quite handy to have.

I didn't know about it until a few months ago but it's so much better being able to see their inputs as well as their lines. "Hmmm, he's taking that turn in third gear but I take it in second, I can probably try to carry some more speed through that turn". :thumbsup:

What are some tips on tire pressure settings, is there an optimal setting for track temp race distance ect. always been confused on this.
Cheers
You just have to use the tyre app from kunos. After a couple of lap you'll see the pressure and the temperature of your car in that car and adjust.

Higher, lower, where do you normally start changing, the game setup controls are def. different than IRL.
Cheers
Well, for the pressure you just check the colour of the number indicating the pressure (PSI) and increaseit's blue, lower it if it's red. For the temperature, there's not much you can do in assetto corsa. You can check the inner, mid and outside temp of each tyre and change camber accordingly. Sorry for the short answer, ask if you need help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back