Learn from Content Manager

Moar tweaks, moar presets in all categories. CM is part of AC now.
It's just that CM has even too much stuff, that should not be available/needed in the first place. CM, CSP and SOL are a big part of AC's success, but they should not be needed. Also if/when everything should work without a launcher (not like currently in vanilla AC/CM), the amount of settings and tweaks will be a lot to handle in-game with VR for example.

So make the high end settings work with a potato machine and everyone will run ultimate with mid level machines. Make it so good no one doesn't even want to tweak it.

Tweaks will always be there, from hotlapping to free roam to 40 cars races all with rain and light conditions...performance will vary a lot. A good engine helps, obviously.

And CM helps with modding too.
And organizing your cars and the previews.
And the compression of your precious folders.
(first things coming to my mind)

I somewhat agree with Nrde on this. CM, CSP, and SOL are godsends to AC, and make it what it is. But the pessimist in me can't help but say, "why is it that it took a crazy talented Russian with a lot of time on his hands to add stuff that probably should have been in the game in the first place?"

Like I'd say atleast 75% of the stuff Ilja and Peter have done are things Kunos themselves said were impossible. Compare AC modded out with base AC, and you can see the stark difference between what we got from the devs themselves, and what a small but dedicated third party managed to do.

It makes me somewhat sad that AC is only so great because some dedicated fans took several years out of their lives to make the game what it always was meant to be, and that without their work, AC would just be another sim amongst the quagmire. At this point Ilja and Peter could and should start their own studio, they've basically made AC thier own, and I'll gladly claim AC owes more to those two than it does to Kunos themselves in terms of popularity and staying power.

Last edited:
Maybe because base AC was a tiny little game from a tiny little indie software house with no clue on a) what content to cover b) depth of core features.

Kunos had made already many race sims when AC was released. They were not bigger or smaller than some other sim dev studios at that point.

And still they made a racing simulator with tons of road cars and no definite racing category other than few cup cars and gt3s.

On the other hand Ilya is far more interested in adding random freeroam features rather than saving the racing sim.

I somewhat agree with Nrde on this. CM, CSP, and SOL are godsends to AC, and make it what it is. But the pessimist in me can't help but say, "why is it that it took a crazy talented Russian with a lot of time on his hands to add stuff that probably should have been in the game in the first place?"

Like I'd say atleast 75% of the stuff Ilja and Peter have done are things Kunos themselves said were impossible. Compare AC modded out with base AC, and you can see the stark difference between what we got from the devs themselves, and what a small but dedicated third party managed to do.

It makes me somewhat sad that AC is only so great because some dedicated fans took several years out of their lives to make the game what it always was meant to be, and that without their work, AC would just be another sim amongst the quagmire. At this point Ilja and Peter could and should start their own studio, they've basically made AC thier own, and I'll gladly claim AC owes more to those two than it does to Kunos themselves in terms of popularity and staying power.
When devs say its "impossible", they mean "It's not financially viable".

AC is great because when Stefano was developing it from the ground up he thought of these things and made it open to modding as much as possible, even helping Ilja with his CM. Without devs helping Ilja underhanded you don't have a CM. I even remember some rumors of Stefano sharing some codes with Ilja. It's not just Ilja and SOL either. It's all the modders combined. Track makers, car makers, app makers, racedepartment etc. It all helped develop AC further. But the main thing is if the original creator didn't put the pillars in place for such development, you'd have none of it.

Always keeping a distance from all the SimDream, RTM, ACTK people making money from the unauthorized redistribution of other people's content, but I agree.

AC is content and content is AC.

I do agree that CM has opened the door for AC to be many times the game that it was before CM, BUT, too many mods are just crap that get in the way of the fun. New for new sake is not allways progress. I think that the devs should check new mods out, and the good ones should be available automatically for everyone who is interested in that genre of motorsport. I do not want my HDD filled up with junk like drift mods, but other people live for drifting. I don't care for drag racing either, but others do.... I love dirt track racing, others don't. You should be able to put up an option for the pigs, "always download everything", and a tick list for everyone else, where you select from a list of choices, the ones that appeal to you.

CM is the best game launcher/menu I have ever used. I'm not a modder or anything so I don't even fully use the potential. But I like that the game is just a regular window VS a whole screen game menu that locks you in.

It really hurts my brain when default AC launcher opens up by mistake and I have to wait almost a minute after it loaded everything to be able to hit quit. And then it still takes time to fully exit.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back