Leagues for the not so quick

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
I am thinking of purchasing rFactor 2 and getting licensed to race in a league. However, looking at the four here, none of them seem to suit people like me. They are either really long races (VWEC) which some people don't have the time to do, or are things like the FR3.5 which race with no assists.

Have I missed something, or are there leagues with tiers that allow people like me who still need TC and ABS to be competitive, and can offer a race weekend (Practice, Quali, Race) that takes less than 2 hours on rFactor 2.

Or if I joined, would I have to/be allowed to set up another league for people like me.

I am not talking about the Racing Club before anyone comments about that.

We had the Clios at the end of last year which are pretty easy to drive. Chances are that there will be another league with them around the same time this year as they usually run along the FR3.5 events.

In general we only use TC/ABS in leagues if it is used in reality as well.

Even if that's not what you want to hear: Join the club events for a few months and you will no longer need TC/ABS :thumbsup:

I am thinking of purchasing rFactor 2 and getting licensed to race in a league. However, looking at the four here, none of them seem to suit people like me. They are either really long races (VWEC) which some people don't have the time to do, or are things like the FR3.5 which race with no assists.

Have I missed something, or are there leagues with tiers that allow people like me who still need TC and ABS to be competitive, and can offer a race weekend (Practice, Quali, Race) that takes less than 2 hours on rFactor 2.

Or if I joined, would I have to/be allowed to set up another league for people like me.

Jim
What you have descibed (more assists, shorter race, all standards) is I have to say C__B event. I avoided the word;)

I did a GT3 club race on Wed night. We had 18 drivers. Practice, Quali and 45 min race. Good mix of standards (from th every fastest to new drivers, and ABS (low) and TCS (low-Med) were available. It was great racing.
Your impression of a club event might be misconstrued. If it was called GT3 mid week league you would have loved it. The tier below the Leagues is called Club. There is a lot going on. So get in there and have a go. No need to invent it its already happening.

I don't think assits will be much of an issue. The old FR3.5 was hard without assits, but the new one is fairly catchable. In a lot of Sims in the past when you have a bit of wheel spin in a single seater you spin out, that is not the case with the FR3.5 you can most of the time catch it fairly easy. The VWEC or this year VSC2 are endurance leauges yes, but if you team up with 2 other drivers you can do 1 to 2 hours of racing and you don't have to be around for the whole race. I do as well like quick pick up races, but especially when you are new it is not a bad thing to focus long time on a special track and car combination and after a bit of time in practice you can start turning down the aids ;)

If you want to know some non RD leauges, which have shorter races and where you can race in the pack without a lot of preperation, drop me a private message as you are not allowed to advert other leauges here.

I dont know your simracing experience, but according to your subtitle you have won something. I came from rFactor1 and Race07, which I used exclusively offline and actually had no real clue, if I am fast or not. When I came to rF2 (first day of release) I was really happy finding out that I am very close to the fastest drivers.

At least for me rF2 is very intuitive in terms of handling and driving the car fast, so even when I was new to it I was able to adapt to tracks and cars a lot quicker than in all other sims I have tried until today.

Buttom line don't be scared by the assist ban. There will always be someone to race against and if you do a bit of preperation you won't have problems driving without aids even if you are new to rF2.

I don't think assits will be much of an issue. The old FR3.5 was hard without assits, but the new one is fairly catchable. In a lot of Sims in the past when you have a bit of wheel spin in a single seater you spin out, that is not the case with the FR3.5 you can most of the time catch it fairly easy. The VWEC or this year VSC2 are endurance leauges yes, but if you team up with 2 other drivers you can do 1 to 2 hours of racing and you don't have to be around for the whole race. I do as well like quick pick up races, but especially when you are new it is not a bad thing to focus long time on a special track and car combination and after a bit of time in practice you can start turning down the aids ;)

If you want to know some non RD leauges, which have shorter races and where you can race in the pack without a lot of preperation, drop me a private message as you are not allowed to advert other leauges here.

I dont know your simracing experience, but according to your subtitle you have won something. I came from rFactor1 and Race07, which I used exclusively offline and actually had no real clue, if I am fast or not. When I came to rF2 (first day of release) I was really happy finding out that I am very close to the fastest drivers.

At least for me rF2 is very intuitive in terms of handling and driving the car fast, so even when I was new to it I was able to adapt to tracks and cars a lot quicker than in all other sims I have tried until today.

Buttom line don't be scared by the assist ban. There will always be someone to race against and if you do a bit of preperation you won't have problems driving without aids even if you are new to rF2.
The series in my subtitle is Forum Racing in the Forum Games section, not sim racing. I have had rFactor 1 for about 4 years now, and I was invited to compete in an F1 2013 league earlier this year.

OK, so the Club section is different to that of the f1 2013 one, so I should try there for a bit when I do both things.

If i were you i would give the club races a chance. Its the easiest way to find out if you like the sim and want to race a league in it or not.
It helps no one if you sign up for a league and quit after one or two races because you dont like it. So just show up to the club races and ask the more experienced once for some advices if you need help :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%