Leagues /championship races

So eventually we will get a dedi server at this point id like to here your thoughts on what you would like to see as full blown league racing , ie full season (where possible) and full race rules/structure (again where possible)

personally id like to do a wtcc championship

so lets hear the voices,opinions

Andi

Last edited:
I would join a wtcc league, but I would prefer a dtm92, or a ADAC league.

Whatever is decided, I think we should pick 1 car in a series and not be able switch all season. It would prevent the fastest guys from having the best car on every track.

Also, prizes would be nice(maybe a month or two of racedepartment premium membership?). A prize for first, and a random draw for another prize for all the participants that attend every race. I know this might not be possible, but it would be an incentive to finish the season when people realize they can't finish near the top.

Last edited:
When It comes to go full series I will have some trouble, I'm usually only able to join once every 3rd week or so.. . :cry:
But I will do my best, and join what I can! (won't be one of the top guys anyways) :)

My favorite pick would be DTM 92, G5, Touring Classics or WTCC.

I've just seen that there is no more licence applications for me to be able to join race department servers, is this a permanent thing or is going premium the only other way?. I'd love a wtcc League or Dtm92.
Yeah as stated in previous communication now being a premium member is a requirement in order to participate to races (club or league).

WTCC - No one else has it unless it's a mod in some other SIM. These cars are so lovingly recreated and well matched that it would be sad if it wasn't done. Also, they are not high horsepower monsters that would intimidate lower skilled sim racers or people new to sim racing.

DTM 92 - again, no one has it.

Gr5 - this must become a series/championship. It simply must, the cars are so fun to drive and the sounds,....oh, the sounds.

M1 Procar - would be a nice series although the interest may not be there to support it. So called "spec racing" can be so much fun due to the close action it can produce.

All of these would produce wonderful replay videos. I love replay videos. I do.

My 2 cents.;)

If there is enough participants, maybe we could have a team championship along with the driver's championship. 2 per team that could practice together and share setups.
YES! I was actually about to write this one as well! :laugh:
Drivers and team championship would be the icing on the cake!
Would you do a random pick or a weighted one? (No chance to have you and Nance or Kabis or Conti running together!! :roflmao:)

Would you do a random pick or a weighted one? (No chance to have you and Nance or Kabis or Conti running together!! :roflmao:)

that's what I'm not sure of. it would be nice to make the teams as even as possible. a random pick would probably be fairly even, but there's bound to be at least one unbalanced team.

if we could determine a ranking for each driver before we start, we could pick the teams a lot easier. if we have 16 drivers, then we could pair 1 and 16, 2 and 15, 3 and 14, etc...

Well it's gonna be quite a work of love :D but it can be done. If we wanna go "balanced" I would say that our skill meter could be the results on the leader boards. I can go thru the stats there and prepare a sort of excel sheet with different coefficients so we can sum those values and "identify" the best couples.
Otherwise let's just go fully random and have me and the my pal "the keyboard player" run together... in reverse! :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%