League suggestion

Hello chaps,

First of all, big thanks to the guys organizing all the events here on RaceDepartment, you do an amazing job.
Well, a few weeks ago while chatting with Lee (Palmer), we noticed that there are actually no GT leagues (using rFactor, of course) here. So we came across the idea to suggest a GT league (such as FIA GT1) to the whole community and see what reaction this thread will get. Personally, I'm a big fan of GT cars and would love to race with those.
I know, there's already the RD Le Mans Series, but it's an endurance race league anyway.

So, feel free to speak your mind. Any ideas are welcome:)

Not everbody got GTR Evo (though it's truly a good game, I agree), that's why I think that a rFactor league with GT cars would be a good addition to RD.
The mod I had in mind is the EAOO GT one, which is a great mod, difficult to race with but not all too hard and quite fun, so everbody could race. The mod is already available on Rfactorcentral.com. You might know another good mod though ;)

NAGT mod?

haha, Yeah just about to suggest this one. There's 10 different cars to choose from. Great physics and tyre damage is better then most tin top style mods. Based on the Speed series in America that use a treded hard compound tyre. Less grip then a soft racing tyres but longer living and a bit hardier. You may find you think they aren't longer lasting compared to other mods but it's mostly because the tyres are better damage modelled. Having so many cars available with very different characteristic makes for some very exciting racing when you have a Porsche battling with a Dodge Viper. Were the Viper has extreme power and acceleration it needs to brake earlier and corner speed is slower then the Porsche so they can battle quite well. Track selection is important so you don't favour one car over the others.

Setbacks are. Visually not one of the best I've seen. Sounds are good but at high revs maxxed out they seem to be doing around 6000 rpm and not 7500 like you would expect. But the sounds are quite well made. Do sound good just missing that high end sound I think. Tends to make the cars seem lack luster when infact their not. This is the biggest setback until you get accustom to it. You tend to change late for awhile if you rely on the sounds for gear changes.

But mostly a great fun mod that rewards clean driving and penalises idiots. A very rare mod for that fact alone.

• Stephen White

I really would like to start racing the F1 71 mod...just for the sheer thrill of driving those cars...plus I have a G27 with an h pattern shifter I can use...(heel toe anyone?)

Anyone know of a league that is racing these cars?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%