League Standard Question

I tried searching but there were so many posts that contained some of the words I used that I wanted to know what the answer was.

Does RD require a Racing Wheel or can one race with a Computer Game Pad. I am assuming (yeah I know), that Keyboarding is out, I personally have a Logitech Gamepad, and a Wheel but much prefer using the Gamepad due to the Wheel I have not having near far enough of a Rotation 270 ish degrees shivers.

Answers are much appreciated

Quite a few have or do use gamepads - but of course you will be best off with a decent wheel. There is no requirement other than that you have enough control over the car to not cause any avoidable incidents :)

It may be worth asking a few with gamepads - i know that Garry Pullen uses one, so he may be able to help with some ingame settings if you have any problems. Ben Tusting also used to use an Xbox 360 controller, so he may be able to pass on a few tips aswell.

• Neil Gardner

No we dont require a racing wheel, i am sure there are some pad users like thomas that compete in our leagues. No problem
[snip]

Actually, it's MUCH harder to race and pass people that are using gamepads because they (at least some of them) tend to drive from correction to correction and take a lot more space on the track than a wheel driver.

In one instance on Manfield I would have accused a wheel driver of blocking me if they'd been driving like the gamepad driver.

Still, it's nice to have the control method declared in the signups - I browse them and take note of the non wheel drivers to give a bit of extra room.

Cheers - N

You say 270 degree rotation is not enough? Why you say so? I drive with 240, just recently went a bit up from 180 actually... :)

Of course no issue to drive with game pad, just curious.

... 270º of wheel rotation is plenty - I have the old logitech momo force which only has 240º ... whack the in game lock setting up to 20 or 21 and you are good to go.

You can see what others are using here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/6416-what-game-settings-you-use.html

I'm glad to hear there is not a restriction here and I would be using the old MoMo but I thought that was 270 not 240. To be honest though it just doesn't feel right to me to not have the full 900. again I know that it "should" be plenty but for some reason I can't wrap my head around it... not to mention it always seems so stiff to me.

Again this is possibly due to me not taking the time to setup all the options and trying to dive straight into the game but I am starting to get used to the dual analog sticks on my Logitech Pad

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%