League/ online racing

Hi,
Apologies in advance if all of this is documented somewhere, i've been looking around and couldn't seem to find an FAQ. So i have a couple of questions about the online racing at RD:

- Only staff can organize races?
- Time of races always seems to be around the early evening and in the week. For people with small kids or a family that's a bit of a problem, especially during the week. We normally have to wait till the late hours of the weekends before we can practice our hobby. As such can some late night races be organized on Friday or Saturday evenings? I bet not everyone here hits the clubs every Friday/Saturday night, so there would always be a good turnout for midnight races on those days.

Cheers.

- Only staff can organize races?
As a general rule, yes.
Doesn't mean you can't suggest a race-format to the appropriate club, but we can only give so many people access to the servers.

- Time of races always seems to be around the early evening and in the week. For people with small kids or a family that's a bit of a problem, especially during the week. We normally have to wait till the late hours of the weekends before we can practice our hobby. As such can some late night races be organized on Friday or Saturday evenings? I bet not everyone here hits the clubs every Friday/Saturday night, so there would always be a good turnout for midnight races on those days.
Depends on where you are in the world.
For me, the races start somewhere between 8pm and 9pm local time which is hardly early evening.
The thing to remember here is that the RD members span over just about every time-zone on the planet, and there is simply no way we can accommodate them all.
Again, if you have a specific idea in mind, by all means suggest it.
But it would be better to suggest it to a specific club, and see if you can actually draw a big enough crowd in that club to make it worthwhile.
One final thing to keep in mind:
The servers will still have to be set by a staffer, and we're human beings too.
We do occasionally want a day off. ;)

Ok thank you for the information :thumbsup:
I didn't mean such an event (or league) should be spanning the globe, but i'm sure there might be a big turnout if you organize late night Friday and Saturday races in both time zones.

And if you pick midnight GMT+1 EU time for example in the beginning of the weekend, US users could also join as it's early evening there at those times, and even early birds in Australia too for that matter.

Can i mail requests for an event to any of the staff?

Can i mail requests for an event to any of the staff?
I think it'll be easier to simply post in the forum for whichever club you'd like to try it in.
Some groups have more US players than others, for example.
That would also give the regulars of that particular club a chance to give their input, and it'll give everybody a chance to see what kind of grid it might draw.
After all, they might have tried it already. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back