F1 2010 Leaderboards "poluted" with driver assisted times

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hmmm first downer in this game is the leaderboard system where assisted and non-assisted drivers are mixed up.

Didn't know where the A and S where standing for in the ranks (Assist and Setup it seems) before so i was driving my ass off against the ghost of Mr Traction Control and was wondering why I kept losing time in certain corners, lol :)

Would be nice if those times could be seperated as it makes no sense in mixing them into one leaderboard system.

On the other side a big thumbs up for the fact that you can actually import up to 5 different ghosts into your session (from the leaderboard or your friends). Nice new feature.

Splitting the leader boards into assists and no assists shouldn't be hard thing to do - I hope it gets done soon. Trying to match traction controlled cars is :rage:. Unfortunately it's probably not that high a priority.

I don't think it's hard, GFWL friends and all are already seperated ;)

I also agree that these times 'have to be' seperated. This is pointless right now.

If its anything like GRID you will gain an absurd ammount of extra speed by turning on the driving aids, i've not actually tried it with aids yet to try it. If they have gone for the same idea with F1 2010 there will be no way to compete against people with aids on, if you have them off. Shame really, they should maybe think about splitting up those leaderboards.

Another thing i don't like about the leaderboard system is that you cannot run it with equal physics for all cars. I know that with a F1 title there is a lot of politics involved behind the scenes and therefore i am surprised that McLaren is the car to beat over other brands.

Well, it is pretty standard in most console games to keep them all in one leaderboard and this is a console game, after all :)

Forza 3 does the same thing, but marks next to the time exactly what assists were used, which I like. The really fast boys usually have all assists off because Forza's coding means that you seem to sacrifice a little speed for each assist you use.

It wouldn't be hard for them to split it up, so why not just ask them to do it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%