PC2 Le Sound - Cinematic Trailer by JonZ

JonZ_LeSound.jpg

When passion finds its way, art takes shape.

It's hard to find the right words to describe what this short film is. Music, harmony, an ode to a golden age of racing, to the simracing community, to a movie, to a notion of beauty and elegance. Everything, every frame, suits perfectly in a mesmerizing sequence of footage shot in the Project Cars 2 "Spirit of Le Mans" DLC. From the video description:

«Just for the pure sound and joy. The captured sound directly from the game, not edited. Small tribute of Le Mans 1971 movie [...].»

Please, enjoy...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words (stumbled here while looking for mods). This was not taken with VR, but developer tool I had access while I was a contributor. The conversion to 24fps was necessary to achieve the look.

You did a great job but due to the nature of the game it still looks jerky! A VR set ( which I dont use anymore) would be just as good for this.

VR would have been even jerkier having an Oculus and tried VR myself and also very limited in range and location.
I have seen same results with VR&Pcars and better results with VR&other games! It all comes down to having enough computer power to handle VR smoothly.
Heres a good example of VR motion smoothness with a diferent game while entering the car:
(You can still see some stutter but thats mainly due to poor Youtube conversion)

And heres the jerky PCars!

Last edited:
I don't think we are talking the same thing here, this is a totally different video aspect. You talk about frame rate, not stuttering which is totally two different thing. I deliberately converted the footage to 24 fps to match the shutter speed of movies. Nothing to do with stuttering.

Last edited:
I don't think we are talking the same thing here, this is a totally different video aspect.
Those shakes and graphical glitches are due to the diferent nature of the video production itself + youtube conversion and still the overall result is smother than your PCars video despite the higher frames.
If you use VR+powerfull PC+smoother game (other game) combo you get a better result!
ps: None of the videos above have enough PC juice to handle VR smoothly. (VR still sucks lol)

Last edited:
Looks like we have to agree to disagree. We are talking about two different things. Not sure why VR is involved in first place.
I just said that VR would've been just as good tool, despite not being able to solve the stutter issue! Cheers

PS: what I was disagreeing was on you saying VR was even jerkier. I have tried PCars with VR and in my PC its not jerkier than your video.

Last edited:
As I said, I have VR myself, and didn't liked the result. Shaky, lots of clipping and very limited. If you talk about the frame rate, then it just a matter of opinion, not performance (which is fine, I'm aware that not everyone like it). I deliberately did it that way to match the filmic look. Mind you that I could achieve a higher frame rate like I did in this video, 4k and 60fps

As I said, I have VR myself, and didn't liked the result. Shaky, lots of clipping and very limited. If you talk about the frame rate, then it just a matter of opinion, not performance (which is fine, I'm aware that not everyone like it). I deliberately did it that way to match the filmic look. Mind you that I could achieve a higher frame rate like I did in this video, 4k and 60fps

Not saying mine does but maybe because your PC doesnt handle PCars+VR very well since I can see in this last video which is great btw, that frames are dropping significantly now and then.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back