Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hello Alfredo,

I've tested this track online on this weekend. The track is amazing and it's one of the best I ever tried on sim racing.

However, if you don't mind I'd like to share a feedback with you in order to improve the track even more:

1) circuit night lights are not working: When you race at night, it's complete dark. Not even the boxes have some light. Can this be improved?

2) strange bumps before the second corner (it happens all the time). And a really weird bump on the 'Rahal straight' just before the 7 corner. (it happens sometimes which makes the car jumps as if there was a ramp)

I tried with the BAC MONO from the British car mod. I'll try with other vehicles and if anything change I'll come back with more info.

1031px-Laguna_Seca.svg.png

I like the track (thank you Patrick!) but I find the track surface very grainy. Any tips on how to make it look as smooth as your screenshots? I have textures on high as it is. I get similar issues with Livet Glen (If I am remembering correctly).

1IKaK6c.jpg

So I increased textures to max which helped a bit, but then I tried changing texture filter. It was on Anisotropic x2 and I increased it to x16; now it looks perfect. Thanks :thumbsup:

Another option I just found today is on rFactorCentral - take a look at Champ result (when you click on the download link, it is the 2.5 Christmas edition that you need to choose on the next page, seems to work best).
It works form the log results in your userdata folder. So you can add races from any mod to create a calendar, you can customise the points, AND it show the constructors points. :)

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/dloader.cfm?dlID=099A1A6A-BCE4-B685-739C23EF99A17A12
Can you explain how to use this, tried several times and get no info, there is no guide etc, how actly are you doing and setting up??

Here's a quick run down that should get you started.

NOTE - sorry if it seems a bit long, but please don't let this put you off, once you have tried it and got used to it, it is a great utility, easy to use and has lots of extra stats & points options for your championship.

First, I had trouble with other versions not working on my pc, so this is in relation to Champ R-Esult Christmas version (v2.5.5 I think).

1) no need to install, just extract it to it's own folder and start by double clicking on Results.exe
2) select NEW Champ, choose a name and hit 'Execute'
3) click on Points Rules on the top bar. Here, enter the points for your championship and click 'SAVE'
4) Now it is ready to use. Close it, you will not need it till you have run a race.

5) In GSC, run whatever race you want, any choice of settings, single race. You will be adding each race to your season as you go along so there is no need to create a calendar beforehand - Champ R-Esult builds the season for you each time you add an event to it.

6) Any time after the race, start Champ R-Esult again. This time, select 'Open Champ', and choose your previously created season name. Select it by double clicking on the .dcr file of your choice. This brings up the season screen (currently blank if you have not yet added a race).
7) click on Add Event.
8) (optional) click on 'Qualify file' - in the box that opens, navigate to your GSC\UserData\LOG\Results and select the Qualifying file that relates to your qualifying session (name ends in Q1). Hit 'Open' DO NOT hit Execute yet!
9) now click on 'Race file' & choose the race file that relates to your race (name ends in R1) Hit 'Open'
10) Hit 'Execute' - the event has now appeared in your main season list - don't quit now, it is nearly done :)
11)double click on the event and you are taken to details of the race - here you can look at your qual session, race results, lap by lap stats and more.
12) Most important - At bottom of screen choose the Drivers Points tab and hit 'Execute' then at top of screen select 'Save Points for Champ!'
And that's it. Now exit that window, and back in the main season list, you can click on Drivers or teams championship on the left to view the standings.

Keith Windsor submitted a new resource:

BarcelonaDRS AIW & TDF Fix - Improves AI behaviour for offline racing of Formula Extremes

Alternative AIW & TDF files for Game Stock Car version of : BarcelonaDRS / Barcelona 07-10

Important: I have NOT converted/uploaded the original rFactor track for public use as I have no permission to do so.
These files are for use as updates to the original track, for anyone who has downloaded & converted the track for themselves or obtained a permitted conversion.

What these files do:

The AIW file controls the paths, fuel use, and some behaviour of the AI.
The TDF file controls the grip...

Read more about this resource...

It is actually a great mod for rFactor. But I have not been able to convert it over to GSC using "the tool". If anyone can get it converted please post. Here is a link to another 1996/97 mod. I have both in rF but can only get this one to convert successfully.

Edit: For some reason I cannot post the link I wanted to. I have tried 3 times, but to no avail. The mod I am referring to is over at f1classic in the Open Wheel Cars section.

I prefer the HV one however

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 422 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 283 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%