rF2 Le Mans Series @ Rattlesnake Point - Saturday January 9th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it would be great that people that signed up also actually showed up! (hint)

Apologies Bram, but my Rfactor isnt playing ball at the mo, i tried a few times and it wouldnt even load the car on the spinner, just managed to get on the server, now getting a mismatch.
Will try again, it seems im making progress!

Jai

Messy start of some there..several cars just standing on the grid as if green had never come !?
Rocky start after that...fekked it by spinning 2 times...some battles good fun. Spun it later again got it straight...and Ben behind me...I just held my breath and kept straight hoping he would pick the line as he was coming form behind....didn't work...really sorry Ben. Went out on soft tyres as well ..overall...silly stuff !
Had to pit for repairs then and well..lap down , had enough raicng for today :) Cheers.

And seen you making a smoke trail indeed Mark :D Already figured how long it would last.

sry guys if maybe i'm create a problem for you.........but this was my first minuts with this cars and with this mod in a race and it was pretty fun, next time i will try to be more prepare for it coz it's really fun driving those cars with you all!!! :D

anyway thank you all

Not a good race for me :boohoo: at min. 40 (I was 3rd), and that's what happens to me... I enter a bit large in the corner, I put first my left wheel into the grass, and then the rear one, then, the car lost the control and fatal crash and the race finish for me... :( Maybe more luck in the next... we'll see :D

Photos:

rtl1.png

rtl2.png

See you guys! :D

Ah too bad so many left the race early, its was a blast :) Had a great race in the GT2. Big improvement made on the FFB compared to the last RDLMS league race. With mate Yoeri very up to speed i feel confident that we do well even in an inferiour Spyker :)

Just wanted to add that the overtaking of all classes went great this time!

I had a dodgy start sorry guys, it seemed to put me on the grid late not sure what happened, had a good race though and finished 4th, good racing all round and sorry for any dodgy overtakes but all in all I think it went quite well.

A good lesson in why a rolling start is a good idea for these mixed events,glad to see it wasnt just me who thought some LMP's up ahead just didnt seem to even attempt a start....the result of that rippled down through the grid with some considerable mayhem kicking off,i dont think possible to pin any blame on anyone as it truly was a melee'.
I got away with my GT2 gang and now noticed i hadnt put my rear wing back up to where i wanted it for race,horrible early spin in a terrible place,slightly iffy recovery,but the spot i was at i really had to get out of there ASAP,sorry for a couple inconvienced arriving at me.
As the other GT2 either tripped over each other,or blew up,or went off sustaining damage,i made good my escape now at the lead of GT2 and realised this thing will happily go 1 hour without a stop,and it proved to be the way to go,Yoeri had a bit of pace on me near the end,but too little too late,GT2 winz for meh :D.
Overall very nice passing by the lapping LMP's,one or two scary moments with some of them,but all good really :).

Danke herr Hengeveld und RD

Ah ok, I thougt it was a RDLMS testrace too, don't know the racing club rules here.
We only drive the Le Mans series here, so for us it seemed a bit strange, but it's ok after all.
We could get to know the track either way, and it's GOOOOOD :D

Very good choice for round 3 of the RDLMS series!

Had a véry nice and clean fight getting passed Alain Fitoussi, (if I remember good, it was you) that was véry nice and took me about 7 laps finally getting passed his car!
That was definately one of the best starts of 2010, hoping to get more of those clean fights on track!

Next weeks we start tuning our setups, this one was very steady but not very fast.
It was fun racing tonight, but with only 5 minutes on the clock I got disco'ed, too bad because I drove on a very respectable 5th spot.
My Internet was still there and my Teamspeak was running still too, so I have no clue what was happening, but even with that disco, I still had a great race!
Thanks for hosting and racing guys! :D

I didn't have much time to practice for this event but I got to turn some laps and managed to get a half decent quali lap in.

At the race start I got a good clean start, I then got caught amongst a number of prototypes who missed the start and then put the squeeze on :p After surviving that I made off with the lead of GT1, didn't really have any battles and was able to build a more than comfortable gap as the other GT1 contenders faced their own issues. Only one real problem for me, on the last lap, I spun the car at the double right hander and couldn't get out of the way before Ric hit me, sorry.

Thanks to the admins for hosting, cya next time!

great event finished first in P2 class. and third overall. uneventful race for me people in front of me were too quick P1 class. the rest of the race was just trying not to spin. drove the courage didn't know that penske wasn't allowed which i spent all morning creating setup. so with the courage was 2 seconds slower race pace wise.

great event nonetheless

overtaking other class was the best i have every seen
really great at everyone giving space. top notch

thanks for the event.

Despite the start was a mess, i had a nice race, to bad i could not take my own car, but it was a good test to learn the track better, btw an excelent choise again, chicanes, hairpin, fast corners, slow corners, some nice combinations of corners, some height diverence, good choise.:drool:
My only problem was arround 40 min. there was a car in front of me who had lag, one second he was there, the next he was'nt, al in total a couple of laps, that was a bit tricky.

To bad i had one accident, Robin Tol run off the track, and he came back on the track in a good way, but two other GT cars where trying not to hit him, and overtake him, i was trying the same, and four cars abreast each other is even on this track a bit to much :D

Had a great race in the GT2 Porsche.... track is really nice too. The start was a bit confusing because a number of LMP's didn't go and that had an effect on the slower classes. So I had some contact with one of the other Porsche's but could avoid major damage. Then had a nice battle with Damian but had to let him go cause I had some grip issues in the slower corners. Then I had some trouble and needed to inspect the grass beside the track, after a thorough inspection I decided to get back on it and was getting some speed when I saw 3 cars (next to each-other) approaching quickly... they all avoided me but not without damages... sorry about that guys.

Near the end of the race I let Ian (in a GT1 I guess) pass on a straight, he nicely thanked me by flashing his lights... I wanted to return the flashing but couldn't find the correct button quickly enough so I turned my head just for a moment, enough to let me miss the next bend, and I lost the car hitting Ian in the process. Again sorry, this was just stupid of me.

Everybody thanks for the nice race, all overtaking went very well from my perspective and the guys in the GT2 class drove hard but fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%